Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Belgian Golden Strong Fermentation Schedule  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Tfwebster

• Assistant Brewer
Belgian Golden Strong Fermentation Schedule
« on: December 06, 2020, 06:08:23 am »
I'm just over a week into fermenting my first Belgian golden strong, and I'm trying to decide how to wrap up fermentation. I used WLP570, and it's important to note that I have to bottle rather than keg. I've been at 68 for 9 days in the primary. Recommendations from two weeks on are all over the place: leave on yeast for 6 weeks,  move to secondary,  raise temp, etc.
 Anyone with experience willing to weigh in?

It may be useful to know that I started at 1.082 and am currently at 1.024. Thank you.
If reading about homebrewing is your thing, join Brewer's Book Club at  https://www.facebook.com/groups/754108348475546/

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Belgian Golden Strong Fermentation Schedule
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 08:26:36 am »
The beer makes thenschedule, not the calendar.  It will be done when it decides it's done.  My ROT is that it usually takes as long for the last 10% of fermentation as it does for the first 90%.  Leave it in primary til it's done.  You want the FG under 1.010.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline spurviance

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 11:29:46 pm »
Since 68F is at the bottom of the suggested temp range you could help the yeast get that last bit of attenuation by raising the temp up into the low 70’s
On tap,  Vienna Lager, Doppelbock, Dortmunder Export, Pale Ale, Porter, Saison

Fermenting, Saison

Offline Tfwebster

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2020, 03:27:03 pm »
Since 68F is at the bottom of the suggested temp range you could help the yeast get that last bit of attenuation by raising the temp up into the low 70’s

Thanks- that's what I've been up to this week to good effect.
If reading about homebrewing is your thing, join Brewer's Book Club at  https://www.facebook.com/groups/754108348475546/

Offline spurviance

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2020, 11:44:58 pm »

Thanks- that's what I've been up to this week to good effect.
👍👍
On tap,  Vienna Lager, Doppelbock, Dortmunder Export, Pale Ale, Porter, Saison

Fermenting, Saison