Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: beer podcasts that are concise, informationally dense and no-video required  (Read 1370 times)

Offline fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster
hi, i know there are a lot of links here to various podcasts, but if someone has any to recommend that are ideally informationally dense, not "chummy" and overlong for the sake of filling time, i would love to hear them. self-promotion is fine

pretty much any topic related to homebrewing or even commercial brewing.

i listened to a denny interview and that was appropriate recently.

looking for stuff for car rides and mp3 player.

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
Its been a few years since I listened to many podcasts (I've been on an Audible kick), but my old regulars were:

Basic Brewing Radio
Beersmith
Experimental Brewing
The Sour Hour
Brew Strong
Another one with an umlaut that would not likely interest you :)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline Kevin

• Brewmaster
  • Great beer. Less work. More fun.
Brulosophy
Beersmith
Experimental Brewing

In that order. I've actually taken the time to message and congratulate the Brulosophy pod-casters for holding the filler chatter to a minimum. Their shows follow a distinct outline... introduction of the topic - discussion of the topic - recipes/tests/conclusions.

Beersmith is also light on cutesy banter and tends to get straight to the point.

Experimental brewing sometimes go off the rails but I like Denny and Drew's chemistry and they don't take it too far. The information they provide makes any chummy chatter worthwhile.

I do like Basic Brewing Video but for some reason have never gotten into their Radio podcast.
“He was a wise man who invented beer.”
- Plato

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
MBAA podcast.
Craft Beer and Brewing.

Denny and Drew of course.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster
Its been a few years since I listened to many podcasts (I've been on an Audible kick), but my old regulars were:

Basic Brewing Radio
Beersmith
Experimental Brewing
The Sour Hour
Brew Strong

thanks, i listened to beer smith this morning.

whats the umlaut one. i sometimes listen to german audio even though my comprehension isn't great. also for any other poster checking this thread?

Brulosophy
Beersmith
Experimental Brewing

In that order. I've actually taken the time to message and congratulate the Brulosophy pod-casters for holding the filler chatter to a minimum. Their shows follow a distinct outline... introduction of the topic - discussion of the topic - recipes/tests/conclusions.

Beersmith is also light on cutesy banter and tends to get straight to the point.

Experimental brewing sometimes go off the rails but I like Denny and Drew's chemistry and they don't take it too far. The information they provide makes any chummy chatter worthwhile.

I do like Basic Brewing Video but for some reason have never gotten into their Radio podcast.

sounds good

ron pattison has a bunch of youtube videos where he discusses history of ahem.. his highly particular beer interests, but no show of his own.

Offline fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster
just a one-off thing of ron pattison, but i always find him so fascinating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1-6D1sVywI

had to post this as he is clearing up a misnomer even i didn't understand clearly. - that in the past "ale was unhopped and beer was hopped". it starts about 8 minutes in.

Offline dmtaylor

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Lord Idiot the Lazy
    • YEAST MASTER Perma-Living
The very best ones that pretty much get right to the point with best content (my favorites):

Master Brewers Podcast - masterbrewerspodcast.com

Basic Brewing Radio - www.basicbrewing.com/index.php?page=radio

The Beersmith podcast is ~okay, but I don't think Brad makes a great host honestly.  Decent guests though.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 12:05:20 pm by dmtaylor »
Dave

The world will become a much more pleasant place to live when each and every one of us realizes that we are all idiots.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
MBAA is the only one I really have time to listen to right now but it is definitely concise (announcements made for upcoming events but short).

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer

Basic Brewing Radio
Beersmith
Experimental Brewing
The Sour Hour
Brew Strong

thanks, i listened to beer smith this morning.

whats the umlaut one. i sometimes listen to german audio even though my comprehension isn't great. also for any other poster checking this thread?

I was referring to the Brülosophy podcast, but  I'm familiar with your opinion of them.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline Cliffs

• Brewmaster
The very best ones that pretty much get right to the point with best content (my favorites):

Master Brewers Podcast - masterbrewerspodcast.com

Basic Brewing Radio - www.basicbrewing.com/index.php?page=radio

The Beersmith podcast is ~okay, but I don't think Brad makes a great host honestly.  Decent guests though.

masts brewers podcast is awesome!

Offline DanielCoulson

• 1st Kit
Re: beer podcasts that are concise, informationally dense and no-video required
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2020, 09:50:23 am »
Can second Master Brewers Podcast, John is a great host and you can listen to it on Spotify which is convenient.
A beginner homebrewer at night, a professional essay writer for pro-essay-writer.com/blog/apa-style-format at day.

Offline fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: beer podcasts that are concise, informationally dense and no-video required
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2020, 10:52:26 am »
i bookmarked basic brewings youtube page as i liked the idea, but geez, on a personal/hearing them talk level these are the exact kinda guys i cant stand in homebrewing. ugg