Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Recipe link, location, and spacing between pagination  (Read 2353 times)

Offline kgs

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sonoma County, CA
Recipe link, location, and spacing between pagination
« on: November 27, 2010, 09:13:12 am »
While I'm thinking of these...

1. Would others appreciate a link to the Brewopedia on Forum menu bar? Right now, if someone mentions a recipe, it's about 8 clicks to determine that it's not on the wiki (which is usually the case). I would wager that people would contribute recipes more frequently if the recipe collection were a click or two away.

2. I know this has been mentioned before, but it seems to be a rite of passage to advise new Forum members that the Location field doesn't actually display their location, and that this information needs to be added in a free-text field in their profile. Fixable?

3. On the iPad, the space between the page numbers for forum posts is so narrow that it's hard to select another page. Not a deal the way I usually read the Forum (start from the most recent post and move backwards... I don't know why, I just do), but a bit of a UX error for people who don't read backwards or want to jump around within a set of posts. [Edit: after seeing discussion of mobile view, if that's in the works I assume this issue will be taken care of.]

Thanks for considering these ideas.
K.G. Schneider
AHA Member