Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Great weekend, but....  (Read 1312 times)

Offline rabid_dingo

• Brewmaster
  • Brighton, CO :D
    • Mile High Monks
Great weekend, but....
« on: September 06, 2010, 08:54:20 pm »
So in preparing for our event, we had one last errand to run. So we jump in an old
truck, no A/C hot enough to require opening the windows for chillin...

Here is where it gets weird. The odds are just staggering...

The side view mirror is supported by a small rod along the bottom edge of he mirror.
The whole mirror and rod form a gap about 1.25" wide along the side of the car. My
arm was hanging out the window just letting the air flow around. We are headed west
at about 55-60mph. When...my arm hits the eastern end of a west-bound wasp, it
shot right through the gap.
 :-\
 :-X
 :o

The really funny part is, I was mid sentence talking about someone's reaction to an
argument we were having. My line of pain induced swearing did not interupt my
conversation.  ;D

That is my biggest complaint for the weekend. Lots of fun on my end. Anyone else
have a crazy anecdote for this past weekend?
Ruben * Colorado :)

Offline akr71

• Brewmaster
  • Beer Ain't Drinkin' - Mojo Nixon
Re: Great weekend, but....
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 06:25:13 am »
Made my starters Saturday morning for Monday's brew session.  This was a 7 gallon batch, 2 gallons were drained off 15 minutes into the boil which will be soured with lactic acid after fermentation.

I had some slurry in the fridge that I was going to use to ferment the sour.  I noticed about a dime sized spot of mold on the side of the mason jar of slurry - well above the water line, still there.  I thought what the hell- its going to be soured anyhow, lets see what it does.

2:30 in the morning Sunday, my eye was swollen shut.  I must have rubbed my eye at some point while making the starters  :-[

Oh, and the infected starter gushed all over the counter.
Andy

Amherst, NS - Canada

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 06:55:50 am »
I was 2 pints from finishing a keg of my APA....you know the last three pints are always the best...when I accidently tip the keg and knee jerk reaction was to grab it....well the last two pints were completely hazed and filled with pellet hop debris.  >:(

The good news was that I had a fresh keg of my house APA to replace it.  8)
Ron Price

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 09:46:23 am »
Nothing really crazy happened, but I did have a great weekend in the mountains of Idaho, camping for 5 days. Sitting by the fire, dutch oven cooking, riding four wheelers, and yes the occasional beer was consumed. Still no homebrew though. Oh well, maybe by our hunting trip in October. This time it was mainly Wing Walker IPA, and Elijah Craig.
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 11:52:24 am »
Watched a tree (40 year old maple) fall from one neighbors yard on to another neighbors house on Monday.  We had really strong winds that morning.  No one hurt and no major damage.

That was weird enough for me.

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?