Author Topic: DIY Brewery  (Read 525 times)

Offline chinaski

• Brewer
Re: DIY Brewery
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2021, 04:00:56 PM »
Using bottled propane indoors is hazardous and wouldn't be "code" in any building situation that I know of- you'll notice that propane businesses won't let you bring tanks indoors.  Not that it cannot be done physically- it's just very risky.

Offline Mt Brew Man

• 1st Kit
Re: DIY Brewery
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2021, 04:31:46 PM »
Yes, I tapped into my main gas line (1/2 PSI) running across the basement ceiling. Yesterday I completed all connections using 5/8" OD flex copper as the last 20' for a total of 60' of 1/2" ID line. The first 40' is 1/2" black iron pipe. The 35,000 BTU low-pressure burner is hooked up and ready for use. I just need to complete the range hood exhaust duct and I'm ready to brew. This burner is very similar to a gas water heater burner, except that they are always vented to the exterior of a home. I feel confident that the 270 CFM range hood will provide enough air exhaust so that there are no worries as to heat build-up and CO in my brew room. Just so you know, I've tried high-pressure burners on a 1/2 psi system and they don't work. I was pleasantly surprised to find this burner online. Planning on brewing next week. Yahoo!

I'd send a pic of the burner but I can't figure out how to do that.