Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: That Moment of Feeling Terrifyingly Mortal  (Read 5570 times)

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
Re: That Moment of Feeling Terrifyingly Mortal
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2012, 09:03:54 pm »
The worst feeling I have ever had was standing at the railing at the back of a cruise ship. I had to go sit down. It was terrible. Every one in a while you read where some one fell over board. If you have ever been on one of there ships it is almost impossible to accidently fall over the rails unless you are climbing on them or something. When I read about these I just have to wonder....
Sweet Caroline where the Sun rises over the deep blue sea and sets somewhere beyond Tennessee

Offline tonyp

• Brewmaster
  • If it ain't broke you aren't trying hard enough...
Re: That Moment of Feeling Terrifyingly Mortal
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2012, 10:25:59 am »
My biggest fear...Honestly...
Coat hooks, mounted at eye-level.

Oh good. I'm not the only one with and eye injury phobia.

I also have an eye phobia because I've had recurrent corneal erosion for the last 13 yrs. It only happens in the morning, usually early, so i go to bed thinking about it every night, not knowing if its going to happen when i wake up. as a matter of fact it happened to me yesterday morning, hurts like a mother!@#$.

I've had 2 types of surgeries in both eyes, twice in one eye and use a topical cream before bed everynight and it still happens about once per month, sometimes more, sometimes less.

I've actually had to teach myself to wake up without opening my eyes so i can swirl them around before opening them. scary huh?
Live from the Jersey Shore!

Phrases for Creatives, #22:
"I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter."