Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: 48-hour 35 degree Dry Hopping  (Read 2891 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: 48-hour 35 degree Dry Hopping
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2021, 10:15:57 am »
I got a hop rocket for christmas, and Im considering rigging it to use as a hop torpedo when I transfer from fermenter to keg. Thinking of packing it with hops, doing a long ans slow purge with co2 and then giving it a go

I've done that with whole hops, it works. I think I went back and forth between the 2 kegs 4 times.

Just did one ounce of whole leaf Cascade Hops, for 48 hours in my latest Ale (APA?). It did make an impact on the flavor. Not huge, best described as subtle hop flavor / aroma. Temp was 65 degrees. Hops removed, now crashing at 32 F. For those in Rio Linda, that means 0, or freezing.  ;D

Try dry hopping while or after cold crashing sometime.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 11:08:21 am by dbeechum »
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Ellismr

• Assistant Brewer
Re: 48-hour 35 degree Dry Hopping
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2021, 08:15:30 am »
I dry hop loose pellets at 50F for 3 days.  I recently brewed a NEIPA and dry hopped @ 10g/L and the aroma and flavor  was  fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Brew what you like & brew often.