Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: I just stated my first brew!  (Read 1203 times)

Offline Moistman02

• 1st Kit
I just stated my first brew!
« on: December 07, 2020, 02:44:48 pm »
I’m not really all that knowledgeable yet but really would appreciate some tips for me as a beginner. I’m using cranberry and pineapple juice as a base for the wine I’m brewing currently and after some research decided to use Lalvin EC-1118 as my yeast. Is their anything I should know?

Online majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
Re: I just stated my first brew!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2020, 03:27:20 pm »
This is a beer brewing forum you'd probably have better luck looking for a wine making forum. Good luck!

Offline Moistman02

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 09:48:47 pm »
Theirs a guy that posted and asked for life advice idk if the guidelines are that strict

Offline pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 06:13:11 am »
Theirs a guy that posted and asked for life advice idk if the guidelines are that strict
This is fine to post about but this would be a better fit for the “other fermentables” section .
Majorvices isn’t saying this is a guidelines issue its just that while quite a few of us make mead and some have occasionally made wine I think he is right that the advice you get about wine will be pretty sparse here compared to a wine making forum.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Online majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2020, 06:27:41 am »
+1. As long as there is no religion or politics you can post just about anything you want here, but I don't think you will get the answers you are looking for. If it were a couple cans of John Bull Malt Extract and a couple ounces of hops you'd be up to your eyeballs in suggestions. ;)

Offline tommymorris

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
I just stated my first brew!
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2020, 06:48:16 am »
Generic brewing advice: try it and get back to us.

Edit: generic fermenting advice

Offline Dan Schreffler

• 1st Kit
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2020, 10:55:06 am »
Hey - I'm a professional wine maker specializing in mead.  The ingredients you are starting out with is pretty challenging as a new wine maker. Highly acidic and will take some care to ferment if just those 2.  Suggest starting with a basic wine making kit if you have not made a wine before - available at local wine or beer making store. What equipment do you have?  What is your wine or beer making background so can tailor responses.  I do recommend seeking out wine forums also.
Dan Schreffler
Space Time Mead & Cider Works
Dunmore PA