Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Beer Line Recommendations  (Read 981 times)

Offline purduekenn

• Brewer
Beer Line Recommendations
« on: June 14, 2022, 03:44:27 pm »
I currently am using 3/16" Bevlex tubing with barbed swivel nuts and O-clamps. I know there are several new types of draft tubing out there. I will need to order some new draft lines this year. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Offline Wilbur

• Brewmaster
Re: Beer Line Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2022, 05:02:54 pm »
I'm a big fan of the Eva tubing and the Duotight fittings. All comes together or tears apart very quickly. I ended up putting a duotight>flare fitting on the end my beer gun to make setting up a bit easier for bottling.

Offline MDL

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2022, 07:42:16 am »
I'm a big fan of the Eva tubing and the Duotight fittings. All comes together or tears apart very quickly. I ended up putting a duotight>flare fitting on the end my beer gun to make setting up a bit easier for bottling.

Eva barrier and duotight for me too! Eva barrier is the only draft line that doesn’t impart off flavors to my tastes. Even notice plastic off flavors from EJ Beverage ultra barrier tube, at least for the first couple weeks of running new tube. The EVA has zero taste/smell out of the box. Seems to also keep the beer in the line from going flat too.

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2022, 09:27:09 am »
I use EVA tubing and DuoTight for my CO2 lines.

Offline Richard

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2022, 10:37:19 am »
I use EVA tubing and DuoTight fittings on both gas and beverage lines. I am very happy to have eliminated all hose clamps from my setup.
Original Gravity - that would be Newton's

Offline purduekenn

• Brewer
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2022, 12:51:43 pm »
Thanks for the fast comments! And it's good to know that y'all seem to like the doutight fittings.

Offline PacificElectric

• 1st Kit
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2022, 03:25:20 pm »
Another vote for the eva and duo tight route.

Offline narcout

• Brewmaster General
  • Los Angeles, CA
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2022, 10:02:05 am »
Eva barrier is the only draft line that doesn’t impart off flavors to my tastes. Even notice plastic off flavors from EJ Beverage ultra barrier tube, at least for the first couple weeks of running new tube. The EVA has zero taste/smell out of the box. Seems to also keep the beer in the line from going flat too.

The EJ ultra barrier tubing was a nice step up from the old school style of beverage tubing, but I've noticed the same issues.

I just replaced all my gas tubing with EVABarrier, and I'm going to replace my liquid lines with it as well.
Sometimes you just can't get enough - JAMC