Author Topic: Welcome to the Content & Resources Subcommittee Section  (Read 605 times)

Offline snax

• 1st Kit
  • Dude, Where's My Brew?
Welcome to the Content & Resources Subcommittee Section
« on: July 02, 2019, 04:48:30 AM »
Welcome to the new Content & Resources Subcommittee Section of the AHA Forum!

The mission of our Subcommittee is to guide and support the AHA with their content strategy and channel plan. Furthermore, our subcommittee objectives are to ensure that the AHA:
  • delivers engaging content to an audience of homebrewers having diverse interests and a wide range of skill levels.
  • addresses current states-of-the-art in homebrewing through relevant, timely content.
  • effectively connects its media channels (Zymurgy, HomebrewersAssociation.org, Brew Guru app, Zymurgy Live, and social media platforms) so that they reinforce one another and deliver consistency.
We'd love to hear your thoughts, questions, & comments here.

If you would like to submit questions or feedback directly to our subcommittee, you can email ahagc-content@brewersassociation.org. Thank you and we welcome your input! 

Sincerely,

Denny Conn and Debbie Cerda, Co-Chairs
Content & Resources Subcommittee
AHA Governing Committee
Debbie "Snax" Cerda
Austin Zealots | Texas Carboys | Austin Homebrew Appreciation Society | Austin Women's Homebrew League
AHA Governing Committee 2012 - present | Diversity Subcommittee, Co-Chair  | Content & Resources Subcommittee

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life.
Welcome to the Content & Resources Subcommittee Section
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 12:49:39 AM »
I’d like to propose that the AHA become a resource for all home brewing techniques to include the Low Oxygen methods. Up to this point, the AHA forum authorities have rejected having a Low Oxygen Brewing sub forum but I’d like to introduce the idea for reconsideration. The reason for the reconsideration now is because we’ve learned the current Low Oxygen Brewing site will not be renewed at the end of the current contract this fall. I believe it would be a detriment to home brewing to lose the resource. Even if the proprietary information and data is lost once the site is closed, the members who frequent the Low Oxygen Brewing forum could be welcomed aboard here and the knowledge gained could be perpetuated thru them. It’s time to bury the hatchet and let bygones be bygones and welcome all homebrewers to the American Homebrewers Association and it’s forum. In my opinion, if the AHA is to be the go-to resource for home brewing, it would be a shame to see them go elsewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 02:06:54 AM by BrewBama »
wisdom is proved right by her deeds

Brewed in the Tennessee Valley. Rocket City — Huntsville AL

Offline Robert

Re: Welcome to the Content & Resources Subcommittee Section
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 12:57:53 AM »
I second the motion.
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question.

Offline dmtaylor

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 02:41:18 AM »
We'd love to hear your thoughts, questions, & comments here.

This forum is near death.  I hate to say it as I want this forum to succeed, but we just don't have the traffic.  The realist in me wants to recommend that you give up trying to make this a wonderful perfect forum, and just focus your efforts elsewhere.  Either that, or PROMOTE THIS FORUM WITH ZILLIONS OF DOLLARS.  Just sayin'.  We've lost so much traffic the past 3-4 years, there's no getting back to the amounts that HBT miraculously continues to enjoy.  Most folks have moved to Facebook it seems, which likely will also eventually lose traffic a few years from now.  I wish I had better answers and recommendations, but it's a topic certainly worth thinking long and hard about.

And if this turns into "The LOB Forum"... gain some AND lose some.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 02:48:15 AM by dmtaylor »
Dave

The world will become a much more pleasant place to live when each and every one of us realizes that we are all idiots.

Offline JT

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Bloatarian Brewing League - Cincinnati, OH
    • Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 02:46:42 AM »

Offline riceral

• Brewer
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 01:03:03 PM »
I’d like to propose that the AHA become a resource for all home brewing techniques to include the Low Oxygen methods. Up to this point, the AHA forum authorities have rejected having a Low Oxygen Brewing sub forum but I’d like to introduce the idea for reconsideration. The reason for the reconsideration now is because we’ve learned the current Low Oxygen Brewing site will not be renewed at the end of the current contract this fall. I believe it would be a detriment to home brewing to lose the resource. Even if the proprietary information and data is lost once the site is closed, the members who frequent the Low Oxygen Brewing forum could be welcomed aboard here and the knowledge gained could be perpetuated thru them. It’s time to bury the hatchet and let bygones be bygones and welcome all homebrewers to the American Homebrewers Association and it’s forum. In my opinion, if the AHA is to be the go-to resource for home brewing, it would be a shame to see them go elsewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well said and  wholeheartedly agree.

With the recent discussions on LODO techniques recently and more people practicing these techniques, this is worthy of strong consideration.
Ralph R.