Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Recommendations for a 2.5 kit  (Read 2547 times)

Offline Saccharomyces

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Deus ex machina
Re: Recommendations for a 2.5 kit
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2021, 09:50:48 am »
Can we just switch to metric already?

I have reached a point where I prefer the metric system to U.S customary units of measure.  Working in either system is easy whereas converting between the systems is a pain.

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2021, 10:38:49 am »

I have reached a point where I prefer the metric system to U.S customary units of measure.  Working in either system is easy whereas converting between the systems is a pain.
I'm about ready to go this route in my brewing myself. Being a pharmacist, converting from fl oz to mL and oz to grams is second nature for me, and I use them interchangeably as if they were all just different marks on the same scale. The one thing that isn't as easy for me is moving my grain measurements from pounds & ounces to grams/kg. But I think I'm just going to force myself to move over because I think it will be worth it in the end.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline Drewch

• Brewmaster
  • Just this guy, you know?
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2021, 02:36:36 pm »

I'm about ready to go this route in my brewing myself. Being a pharmacist, converting from fl oz to mL and oz to grams is second nature for me, and I use them interchangeably as if they were all just different marks on the same scale. The one thing that isn't as easy for me is moving my grain measurements from pounds & ounces to grams/kg. But I think I'm just going to force myself to move over because I think it will be worth it in the end.

I just took the plunge and flipped all the switches in BrewFather to metric.  g, L, and °C from here on out.
The Other Drew

Home fermentations since 2019.

Member at large of the Central Alabama Brewers Society and the League of Drews.