Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: True Believer homebrewers  (Read 1622 times)

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
Re: True Believer homebrewers
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2021, 09:53:46 am »
Even my go to recipes aren't brewed 100% the same every time. I swap hops, yeast strains, and specialty grains based on what I have on hand and what I'm in the mood for. I don't experiment anywhere near as much as I used to years ago, but I don't think I'd ever get to a point where a recipe is untweakable.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline Descardeci

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2021, 10:25:36 am »
I'm trying to find my spot for belgians, german, american and english beers, when I find it gonna stick to it, some brew I always brew is my best bitter, bohemian pils, india pale lager and hefewiezen, I stubble to a nice recipe, now I'm testing some recipe to see how I like it if I enjoy gonna stay in rotation, if not don't gonna brew anytime soon

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2021, 10:56:03 am »
Even my go to recipes aren't brewed 100% the same every time. I swap hops, yeast strains, and specialty grains based on what I have on hand and what I'm in the mood for. I don't experiment anywhere near as much as I used to years ago, but I don't think I'd ever get to a point where a recipe is untweakable.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I have several where I've tried tweaks and in every one went back to the original recipe
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline dbeechum

• Global Moderator
  • I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Pasadena, CA
    • Experimental Brewing
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2021, 12:19:48 pm »
I have several where I've tried tweaks and in every one went back to the original recipe

And to be fair there are some where you've stuck with the changes (like the MG grains or the cold dry hopping)
Drew Beechum - Maltosefalcons.com
- Vote in the AHA GC Election! - http://bit.ly/1aV9GVd  -
-----
Burbling:
Gnome is in the Details
*Experimental Brewing - The Book*
Tap:
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Tupelo Mead
Farmhouse Brett Saison

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2021, 12:42:15 pm »

And to be fair there are some where you've stuck with the changes (like the MG grains or the cold dry hopping)

I guess I consider those a process change and not a recipe change .
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline BaseWerks Brewing

• Cellarman
  • Follow me on Instagram -- @BaseWerksBrewing
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2021, 01:25:21 pm »
I'm definitely working toward a half dozen or so go to beers that I have dialed in.  I want to have a solid Hefeweizen, NEIPA, Dry Stout, Czech Lager, Oktoberfest, and Pale ale.  Maybe a Czech dark lager, swartz beer, or munich dunkel too.

I will always make experiential brews or brews to use up ingredients but I would like to get those styles dialed in and rotate through them regularly.  It would be good to have them for competitions, events, and get togethers once COVID is past us.
Andy K
Follow me on Instagram -- @BaseWerksBrewing

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2021, 03:57:44 pm »
I consider a new malt as a tweak to a recipe and routinely go with those tweaks, as well as dialing in specific hop varieties and altering water chemistry little by little.  The changes at this point are pretty minimal, but I love to compare them side by side.
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Offline ttash

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2021, 10:17:26 pm »
For years I brewed every style I could think of and loved it. Lately I've been lost in Lager land. Pale lagers. Sublime, delicious pale lagers, and I've never been happier.