Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What is your affinity for homebrewing? Why do you do it? Quick survey - see link  (Read 1162 times)

Offline wendyritz

• 1st Kit
  • Better Research through Brewing
Let others know why you are passionate about homebrewing.
Please spend 7-10 minutes on our survey which is located on home page   https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/

https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/news/florida-state-university-homebrew-affinity-survey/

Your insights just may convert some folks into becoming homebrewers. Thank you and Cheers :D
Wendy

"Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare." Japanese Proverb

Offline Wilbur

• Brewmaster
In the past 6 months, how many gallons of beer have you brewed at home? (include batches which may not have been consumable)

I'm not sure if the choices were a typo, but the most common batch size in homebrewing is 5 gallons. The choices topped out at 6+ gallons, you may get more useful information with larger ranges or a question about typical batch size. Excited to read about your results!

Offline dmtaylor

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Lord Idiot the Lazy
    • YEAST MASTER Perma-Living
In the past 6 months, how many gallons of beer have you brewed at home? (include batches which may not have been consumable)

I'm not sure if the choices were a typo, but the most common batch size in homebrewing is 5 gallons. The choices topped out at 6+ gallons, you may get more useful information with larger ranges or a question about typical batch size. Excited to read about your results!

Good comment.  Yet oddly enough, since I have only been brewing 1-2 gallon batches for a while now, my own answer was 7 gallons.   ;D ;D ;D
Dave

The world will become a much more pleasant place to live when each and every one of us realizes that we are all idiots.

Offline wendyritz

• 1st Kit
Thanks #Wilber  for that suggestion!  I especially like the "batches which may not have been consumable" part- No judgement here. 
We will include that in the collection process. 7 gallons in the past 6 months -- includes the festive (as much as they could be) holidays.

wendy

"Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare." Japanese Proverb

Offline wendyritz

• 1st Kit
Please take 7-10 minutes and tell us WHY YOU BREW!  We want to know!

Thanks for you insights!
Wendy

Offline wendyritz

• 1st Kit
Is homebrewing a passion or a hobby? Quick survey - see link
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2021, 07:42:11 am »
Thank you to those who have participated in the survey!  We need more people to take the survey before it is removed this weekend.

We are doing research on how much affinity you have for brewing.  That includes
your opinions about collaborating with others on this site and near you.

Thanks for participating! You see a report on what we found.

https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/

https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/news/florida-state-university-homebrew-affinity-survey/
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 08:24:30 am by wendyritz »

Offline wendyritz

• 1st Kit
Thanks for filling out our survey.  Look for what the group feels is important and where 'you' feel the love.

Info and article coming soon.

Cheers
wendy

Offline Bel Air Brewing

• Senior Brewmaster
To have fresh, Euro-Lager style beers on tap in my bar...that is the main reason I brew.

No, not IPA's, or Rooty-Tooty-Grapefruit Beer.

Fest Bier, Helles, London Porter. Yes. Fresh, and on tap.

Offline Megary

• Senior Brewmaster
To have fresh, Euro-Lager style beers on tap in my bar...that is the main reason I brew.

No, not IPA's, or Rooty-Tooty-Grapefruit Beer.

Fest Bier, Helles, London Porter. Yes. Fresh, and on tap.

I really appreciate a good beer, regardless of style.  Do it right, and you got me.  No prejudice against a well made beer.  So a “Rooty-Tooty Grapefruit Beer”, if done well, could really hit the spot.  Actually, that’s a great name for a nice summer beer!

All the best.