Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: HOTD closing this summer  (Read 722 times)

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

Online denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: HOTD closing this summer
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2022, 10:53:29 am »
Sad, yet understandable and I'm happy for Alan. 
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2022, 10:55:11 am »
I'm glad he's closing as opposed to selling, but also hopeful someone comes in and makes him a deal to keep it up and running.
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

Online denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2022, 10:57:52 am »
I'm glad he's closing as opposed to selling, but also hopeful someone comes in and makes him a deal to keep it up and running.

HOTD IS Alan.  Without him, I can't imagine it being the same brewery.  And I will never begrudge anyone the opportunity to retire, especially someone who's worked as hard as he has.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline allenhuerta

• Brewer
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2022, 01:19:37 pm »
I hope I can get over there and have a few more beers before it's all said and done. That was one of my very first brewery visits and when I "randomly?" ran into him at Sierra Nevada Asheville, I had to walk over to him and just tell him I appreciate all that he's done.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk