Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Swing Lever Faucet  (Read 1602 times)

Offline HopDen

• Senior Brewmaster
Swing Lever Faucet
« on: March 05, 2021, 03:26:20 pm »
I was in search of a side pour faucet much like what Pilsner Urquell uses to pour their beers but it is not from Urquell. You can purchase them from the Czech Republic but they were a bit pricey. In the range of $300 US. I found one that is the same basic design for less money made here in the states from Micromatic.

For those of you who drink lagers this thing is awesome! You can either pour your beers crisp (foam on top) or creamy (foam first then pour the beer under the foam. I can definitely tell a difference in mouthfeel. I will be purchasing another one soon. I keep at least 2-3 lagers on tap at all times and Im drinking one right now! Its been a long ass week and I deserve one or maybe ten!!

Cheers!

Offline roger

• Assistant Brewer
Re: Swing Lever Faucet
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 08:14:29 am »
Micromatic's description for their swing level faucet is lacking, IMO.

"Distinctive faucet can be used for beer, cider, wine, liquor, water, coffee, soda, and liquor."

That's it.

If not for HopDen's description, I would not have recognized what it is.
Roger

Offline HopDen

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 03:57:33 pm »
Micromatic's description for their swing level faucet is lacking, IMO.

"Distinctive faucet can be used for beer, cider, wine, liquor, water, coffee, soda, and liquor."

That's it.

If not for HopDen's description, I would not have recognized what it is.

Agreed but I must say, it makes for a nice creamy pour or a crisp pour if that's what you want. Either pour foam first (creamy) then beer under or beer first (crisp) then foam on top. Pricey at $180 but I like it and will be getting another one soon.
Cheers!!

Offline vikeman

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2022, 09:09:39 am »
@HopDen I just got one of these, but haven't installed it yet.  I assume the foam vs. brite control is the degree to which the faucet handle is turned (similar to a Lukr) and that the adjustment ring (circled in pic) is an overall flow control?  There doesn't seem to be a manual or instruction sheet for these.

Offline HopDen

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2022, 03:52:16 pm »
@HopDen I just got one of these, but haven't installed it yet.  I assume the foam vs. brite control is the degree to which the faucet handle is turned (similar to a Lukr) and that the adjustment ring (circled in pic) is an overall flow control?  There doesn't seem to be a manual or instruction sheet for these.

[/quote

You are correct! Enjoy!

When adding foam to the glass I just barely turn the handle whilst the spout is submerged, that being after you have poured the beer.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 03:55:53 pm by HopDen »

Offline Bob357

• Brewmaster
  • Consensus means nothing to me. I am who I am.
Beer is my bucket list,

Bob357
Fallon, NV

Offline HopDen

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2022, 04:52:01 pm »
CM Becker's V-10 features a creamer function and flow control for ~$90.

https://www.morebeer.com/products/v10-304-ss-brushed-lever-adjustment.html?msclkid=a8befd1150571e170ff79e8c5249a40d&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=BPA%20-%20Items%20-%20Draft%20%26%20Keg&utm_term=4577060751306337&utm_content=BPA%20Item%20-%20Draft%20%26%20Keg%7C60-150%7CC%3A65

Thanks for posting this Bob! I wish I would have seen this a couple years ago. I wonder if they just started carrying this item recently? I never seen it! Either way, I am going to purchase one to replace a standard faucet.

Offline Bob357

• Brewmaster
  • Consensus means nothing to me. I am who I am.
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2022, 06:00:23 pm »
They may have but Keg Connection has sold CM Becker for years. Even though the pic on MoreBeer shows the shank, I believe it's sold separately. The faucet cannot be used with any other shank.
Beer is my bucket list,

Bob357
Fallon, NV