Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Im looking for cheap pilsner malt  (Read 1157 times)

Offline copachino

• Cellarman
Im looking for cheap pilsner malt
« on: April 03, 2021, 12:03:02 pm »
Hi all, i used to buy pilsner malt locally, but the only brewshop its starting to use their malt for their own brewery, so they are all sold out, it was the only olace i could buy pilsner malt at a really cheap price.

They sell ireks pilsen malt, i found where they sell it at about 65 the sack of 55pounds, but shipping to miami ita about half of the cart, if i want 10 sacks its about 333 Us shipped to miami, and plus shipping to my country its about 300 USD extra ita about 120 the total for the sack of malt, and i used to buy it about 85, so its kinda killing me those prices.

Does anybody have anothe source of malt without thos killer shipping rates?

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Im looking for cheap pilsner malt
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 12:16:37 pm »
You can get Avangard pilsen malt, 55 lb sack, for $68.95, Free shipping on orders over $50.00, from SunSet Hydroponics out of New York.

There is one shipping rate available for 33125, Florida, United States: Free Shipping at $0.00 USD

https://www.sunsethydro.com/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline copachino

• Cellarman
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2021, 12:25:19 pm »
Thank you, i was looking in morebeer and they have viking pislner malt for 39.99 the sack but shipping its quite high about 381 per 10 sacks, so i think your option uts quite good, thank you

Offline BrewBama

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2021, 12:34:13 pm »
To get free shipping from MoreBeer you have to buy in 10 lb increments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Oiscout

• Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2021, 12:44:57 pm »
I've just tried out Atlantic brewing supply. Give them a shot they sell sacks on there but their free shipping threshold is 159

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2021, 12:51:57 pm »
Become friends with a local brewery and see if they can buy a sack of malt for you on one of their shipments. You can 50-55lb sack for 20-30 bucks depending on their contract or the malt you buy.

Offline tommymorris

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2021, 12:55:29 pm »
I like Viking Pilsner in 10 lb sacks from Morebeer. It is $59.95 for 50 lbs shipped free. I like the taste.

Offline Saccharomyces

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Deus ex machina
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2021, 08:58:22 am »
You can get Avangard pilsen malt, 55 lb sack, for $68.95, Free shipping on orders over $50.00, from SunSet Hydroponics out of New York.

There is one shipping rate available for 33125, Florida, United States: Free Shipping at $0.00 USD

https://www.sunsethydro.com/

I pay $51.15 for a 55lb bag of Avangard Pils at one of my LHBSs with my discount, but I am positive that they do not ship for free.  What is crazy is that Avangard Pils is cheaper per pound than Briess 2-Row at this store.  Avangard Pils is my base pils malt.  The flavor is not as deep as some of the other continental pils malts I have used, but it is head and shoulders above Briess 2-Row, which I feel is the Melba toast/tofu of base malts.