Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Golden Promise  (Read 3899 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Golden Promise
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2021, 08:59:58 am »
Just weighing in to say how much I like Golden Promise. It's the first malt I have used where I had that strong of an opinion. I too made Timothy Taylord's Landord with GP and loved it, but have used it in other brews with success, and nearly always close to 100%. It's got a deliciousness to it.

Which GP did you use?
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline kgs

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sonoma County, CA
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2021, 10:12:18 am »
Just weighing in to say how much I like Golden Promise. It's the first malt I have used where I had that strong of an opinion. I too made Timothy Taylord's Landord with GP and loved it, but have used it in other brews with success, and nearly always close to 100%. It's got a deliciousness to it.

Which GP did you use?

Simpson's.
K.G. Schneider
AHA Member

Offline Cliffs

• Brewmaster
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2021, 09:22:09 am »
Simpsons GP and weyermann barke pils are the only two base malts I keep on hand. I love GP. It’s more of a malty fullness as opposed to cooking toast like other pale ale malts, IMO it’s more versatile. And Hop Heaven US Goldings are just wonderful, a little more earthy and cedar likeand less floral than EKG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk