Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: How to proper transport and store fulled kegs?  (Read 1718 times)

Offline copachino

• Cellarman
How to proper transport and store fulled kegs?
« on: April 09, 2021, 09:55:28 pm »
Hi all, a friend has a restaurant in a zoner that ita about 2 hours travel, he wants to offer beer on that, but its asking me about the proper way to manage the kegs, should the beer be righ after the transport in the keg? Will the jouney affect the caebonation leves on the beer?, how lo can the beer be keg outside the fridge? Can they be store out of the serving freezer when the are full and carbonated?

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
Re: How to proper transport and store fulled kegs?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 03:40:59 pm »
should the beer be righ after the transport in the keg?

Not sure what you are asking here but ... yes? It should be fine. Beer travels days and weeks in kegs. It's best if it is kept cold but most beer does not transport locally in refrigerated trucks -- least not the breweries I have been involved with. The beer is usually cold when it leaves the brewery or distro so it doesn't usually get below 50 or 60 degrees over the several hours.

Will the jouney affect the caebonation leves on the beer?

No. But the beer will serve foamy if it is not chilled back down to serving temps.

how lo can the beer be keg outside the fridge?

Huh?

Can they be store out of the serving freezer when the are full and carbonated?

It should be stored cold. Should not be stored warm. The longer the beer is stored warm the shorter its shelf life. Beer is like Milk. Keep it cold. But it won't go bad immediately just because it is warm for a couple hours.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 03:43:41 pm by majorvices »