Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: tapcooler counter pressure filler  (Read 1272 times)

Offline chinaski

• Brewmaster
tapcooler counter pressure filler
« on: April 17, 2021, 01:41:29 pm »
I'm not too much of gadget lover, but I gotta say I really like my tapcooler bottle filler that I recently got.  It's a nice piece of equipment and makes it easier for me to bottle to share beer than my old method of putting tubing on the tap.  I added another o-ring to get a better seal between the tap and the tapcooler.  Easy to clean.  Highly recommended.

Offline scrap iron

• Assistant Brewer
  • K.C.
Re: tapcooler counter pressure filler
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 06:07:35 am »
I bought one of these for my original Ventmatic taps but it doesn't fit. The spout for my Ventmatic is about 11- 12 mm. A few years back I bought replacement spouts for a better pour  because I was getting a hollow pour. These are 7-8 mm. One is too small and the other too big for the tapcooler.
The tapcooler part that fits in the spout is 10mm and the replacement for Perlick 500 is a little lager about 10.2mm. I bought both.
Anyone know where to get a spout that will work? I would really like to get this to work as I don't  want to give up my Ventmatic taps.
Mike F.                                                                              “I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer.”

Abraham Lincoln

Offline chinaski

• Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 07:07:29 pm »
Not sure if this would do it or not- depends on how closely it fits already- but maybe you could swap out the stock o-rings for thicker ones with the same inside diameter?  Or maybe otherwise put something rubbery between the tapcooler and the inside of your larger spouts.  Just a thought...

Offline scrap iron

• Assistant Brewer
  • K.C.
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2021, 05:43:33 am »
Thanks for the reply chinaski, I thought about using different o-rings but my spout is too large. I think it would make a mess. I wonder if the Intertap spouts would fit on Ventmatic. Anyway, back to filling with pick-nic taps with racking cane pieces.
Mike F.                                                                              “I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer.”

Abraham Lincoln

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2021, 06:19:02 am »
Have you contacted the mfr for a resolution to the issue. They may already have a solution.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Tapcooler

• 1st Kit
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2021, 12:37:35 am »
I bought one of these for my original Ventmatic taps but it doesn't fit. The spout for my Ventmatic is about 11- 12 mm. A few years back I bought replacement spouts for a better pour  because I was getting a hollow pour. These are 7-8 mm. One is too small and the other too big for the tapcooler.
The tapcooler part that fits in the spout is 10mm and the replacement for Perlick 500 is a little lager about 10.2mm. I bought both.
Anyone know where to get a spout that will work? I would really like to get this to work as I don't  want to give up my Ventmatic taps.
A spout from a later Ventmatic (v3 onwards) or Ultratap should work. Intertap spout threads are different.
The o-ring grooves are a bit narrow for the required o-ring thickness so I'm not sure if this will work. Please email your address to info@tapcooler.com and I'll have some o-rings sent to you if you are willing to test.

Offline scrap iron

• Assistant Brewer
  • K.C.
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2021, 05:11:09 am »
Have you contacted the mfr for a resolution to the issue. They may already have a solution.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks BrewBama, looks like they messaged me.

Thanks Tapcooler I'll e-mail you. You might look into making a few inserts for 8mm and the bigger ones like 11-12 mm. I know the 8mm spouts are available and popular because they have a better pour. Thanks again all.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 05:13:36 am by scrap iron »

Abraham Lincoln

Offline chinaski

• Brewmaster
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2021, 06:49:20 pm »
Like I said- great product.  Now I'm even more impressed that they address issues seen on the forum.  Great to see a business that takes their customer's satisfaction very seriously- good stuff.

Offline kgs

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sonoma County, CA
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2021, 06:39:15 am »
Like I said- great product.  Now I'm even more impressed that they address issues seen on the forum.  Great to see a business that takes their customer's satisfaction very seriously- good stuff.

That does bode well. I have an Intertap faucet and keg ball lock connector that is pretty much unused these days (tried it directly on the 3-gal kegs I used and ultimately went back to picnic taps) so it sounds as if I could buy the filler and the gas ball lock adapter and be in business.
K.G. Schneider
AHA Member

Offline scrap iron

• Assistant Brewer
  • K.C.
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2021, 05:38:38 am »
I  e-mailed  tapcooler and they got right back to me. They sent me a bunch of o-rings and communicated with me several times trying to resolve my problem. I just couldn't  get it to work with my spout. I think my spout is for high carb beers, it's close to 12mm. Thanks to Tor  at Tapcooler for all his help. If I find some spouts that work I will certainly give them my business.

Abraham Lincoln