Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Big brew day  (Read 1976 times)

Offline deckerhand

• Cellarman
Big brew day
« on: April 30, 2021, 01:08:41 am »
Tomorrow is the big day.  It’s big brew day. I am so excited to brew my black ale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Big brew day
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 08:27:25 am »
I'll be brewing 12 gal. of tripel
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2021, 08:30:51 am »
I had to call an audible. I was going to brew a MyBock which would have been a small batch but I kicked a keg recently so need to ensure the draft pipeline doesn’t have any hole in it. That means a full 5 gal batch of Super Chuck Pale Ale. The MyBock will have to wait until the APA is kegged.

Offline deckerhand

• Cellarman
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2021, 09:52:57 am »
I had to call an audible. I was going to brew a MyBock which would have been a small batch but I kicked a keg recently so need to ensure the draft pipeline doesn’t have any hole in it. That means a full 5 gal batch of Super Chuck Pale Ale. The MyBock will have to wait until the APA is kegged.
That sucks but hey you still have beer to enjoy

Offline deckerhand

• Cellarman
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2021, 09:53:30 am »
That should last a while I haven’t Ventured into anything past 5 gallons yet

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2021, 09:55:53 am »

A friend is coming over to brew and we'll split it.  It will still last a while!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline deckerhand

• Cellarman
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2021, 11:53:16 am »

A friend is coming over to brew and we'll split it.  It will still last a while!
That’s a win win then

Offline Drewch

• Brewmaster
  • Just this guy, you know?
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2021, 06:12:21 am »
Our LHBS is hosting this year & we're hoping for decent turnout from the HBC...

I'm going to split 18L into a triplet of wheats for another yeast comparison: hefeweissen, witbier, and Philly Sour.
The Other Drew

Home fermentations since 2019.

Member at large of the Central Alabama Brewers Society and the League of Drews.

Offline deckerhand

• Cellarman
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2021, 06:40:05 am »
Today is the day. I am finalizing my black ale recipe. The only think I know from sure is I’ll be using lager yeast. From what I am reading on the packet dry lager yeast is more forgiving with temps and brülosophy gave me hope to play around with this yeast

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2021, 06:53:24 am »
I did my big brew yesterday.  An American Wheat and a Sour Mash Ale.  Both are currently bubbling away downstairs.

Have fun today everyone!!

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2021, 08:50:35 am »
Today is the day. I am finalizing my black ale recipe. The only think I know from sure is I’ll be using lager yeast. From what I am reading on the packet dry lager yeast is more forgiving with temps and brülosophy gave me hope to play around with this yeast

What yeast?  And more forgiving than what?

www.dennybrew.com

Offline deckerhand

• Cellarman
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2021, 09:46:15 am »

It’s a-23 dry lager yeast I was reading about this on mr.beer and brülosophy about the temp range

Offline deckerhand

• Cellarman
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2021, 10:00:36 am »

Cording to some people  say dry yeast is more forgiving than then yeast smack packs

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2021, 10:22:55 am »

It’s a-23 dry lager yeast I was reading about this on mr.beer and brülosophy about the temp range

Hope you have better luck with it than I did.  In 23 years and 579 batches, that yeast made the worst beer I've ever made.

www.dennybrew.com

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2021, 10:23:35 am »

Cording to some people  say dry yeast is more forgiving than then yeast smack packs

I don't think that's necessarily the case

www.dennybrew.com