Author Topic: New To The Brew  (Read 401 times)

Offline Cambo18_4

• 1st Kit
  • CAMBO18_4
New To The Brew
« on: May 10, 2021, 04:55:48 PM »
Good day!

My name is Cam and I'm located in Midland MI. I got started home brewing 2 months ago after a friend gave me his brewing stuff that he no longer used due to an ex gifting the kit to him and it brought up old memories. So he helped me with my first two batches and we had a blast! It was a fun experience and glad we made new fun memories to cover up those of his ex.

Needless to say I was hooked! I have read a few books, articles online, and countless YT videos to learn as much as possible in a short amount of time. I bottled my first batch of Amber Ale. It turned out great. But I went to a friend's house when he had two batches ready to keg and found that much easier. So I tracked down a keezer, kegs, and everything associated and bought that. I also acquired a lot of equipment from another guy that doesn't brew anymore.

Currently I have 2 batches that are almost ready to go in the keg and 3 batches in primary that I just made last week.

I'm excited to be an active member of the forum and look forward to learning and sharing experiences with everyone here.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Cambo18_4 🔴🚔🔵

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: New To The Brew
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 05:27:55 PM »
Welcome Cam!  Good to have you here.  If you have any questions, ask away...we have a lot of collected knowledge here.  And remember, it's all about fun.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline tommymorris

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 05:52:13 PM »
Welcome!

Offline Bob357

• Brewmaster
  • Consensus means nothing to me. I am who I am.
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2021, 07:23:52 PM »
Welcome to the obsession Cam !
Beer is my bucket list,

Bob357
Fallon, NV

Offline dls5492

• Brewer
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2021, 12:16:57 PM »
Welcome!
David S.
Cedar Falls, IA
Club: Cedar River Association of Zymurgy Enthusiasts (CRAZE)

And the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. II Cor. 3:17

Offline neuse

• Cellarman
  • New Bern, NC
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2021, 12:30:53 PM »
Welcome from NC.

Offline ravenwater

• Brewer
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2021, 02:53:55 PM »
Hi Cam - welcome to the forum and welcome to a great hobby! It's not that difficult to make good beer with some really basic equipment, especially with the easy access to quality ingredients and the wealth of information freely available to homebrewers these days. Sounds like you're off to a good start. This is a hobby where you can keep it simple and reap rewards or dive deeply and be a continual learner as you hone your craft and find new challenges to take on. Cheers!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 02:55:30 PM by ravenwater »
Shawn Crawford  -  Rio Rancho, NM.  
 BJCP, Worthogs Homebrew Club of New Mexico

Life is good. Beer makes it gooder.

Offline Drewch

• Assistant Brewer
  • Just this guy, you know?
    • The Malt Bug
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2021, 08:17:32 PM »
Welcome aboard!
The Other Drew

The Malt Bug Homebrewery - brasserie, cidrerie, hydromellerie - since 2019.

Offline HopDen

• Brewmaster
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2021, 09:11:19 PM »
Welcome Cam!

Offline Kevin

• Brewer
  • Great beer. Less work. More fun.
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2021, 10:59:28 PM »
Welcome to the hobby Cam. I live down the road a ways from you in Saginaw. I'm sure you have discovered them already but you have a great LHBS in Michigan Brew Supply there in Midland. There are also a couple of clubs in the area you might look into. Cass River Homebrew Club and Dead End Brewers. Both have Facebook pages.
“He was a wise man who invented beer.”
- Plato

Offline purduekenn

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2021, 02:07:00 AM »
Welcome to homebrewing Cam! Its is great hobby.