Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Any thoughts on fixing this Anvil pump?  (Read 2098 times)

Online BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Any thoughts on fixing this Anvil pump?
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2021, 08:40:04 pm »
A good reminder to me as well as it turns out.  Just ordered an in-line GFCI for my 240V induction burner that I've been using without it- which is plain dangerous and stupid.  Can't brew beer if you're dead.
That is a good call. I have one for the PID controller, vent fan controller, and pump. The PID GFCI did trip once when I spilled wort on the heater element plug. Saved my bacon.

However, I do not have GFCI on my induction cooktop connection.

The dryer plug into the wall is a foot off the ground (my brewery is my laundry room), and my cord to the fob has a drip loop so any spills won’t track down the wire into the device.

I have a heavy extension cord from the cooktop plug that tracks around the edge of the room to the wall. I have the cooktop to cord connection hanging higher than the boil kettle. 

Even though it’s well protected, I might pull that cord off the floor in case there’s a big spill. ...and start shopping for a 240v GFCI.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 08:41:59 pm by BrewBama »

Offline Joe_Beer

• Brewer
Re: Any thoughts on fixing this Anvil pump?
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2021, 04:19:09 am »
Finished up the repair this morning (https://imgur.com/a/Z8l4jki). Man, getting all those wires back under that cap was like fitting 10 pounds of crap in a 5 pound sack.

Online BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Any thoughts on fixing this Anvil pump?
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2021, 05:29:59 am »
Looks well done from here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk