Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Good deed by an oil company  (Read 1208 times)

Offline corkybstewart

• Senior Brewmaster
Good deed by an oil company
« on: September 15, 2010, 03:02:19 pm »
I have an employee whose wife is on the priority list for a liver transplant to be done in Phoenix, about a 10 hour drive from here.  She just got moved to the top of the list and has to be in Phoenix within 4 hours of a donor liver being available.  "Bob" was distraught because we have no real air service in this small town, but I suggested he call a family owned oil company  in a nearby town.  I know they have a plane and it rarely gets used(the owner travels by private helicopter mostly)  So he calls and they tell him no problem, free of charge they'll fly her to Phoenix.  They have 2 planes and 3 pilots, all he has to do is call 24/7 and they will get his wife to the hospital on time.  That's the beauty of small town living, even the rich folks (and they are mighty rich) help out strangers/neighbors.
Just wanted to rant about something positive for a change.
Life is wonderful in sunny White Signal New Mexico

Offline hamiltont

• Brewmaster
Re: Good deed by an oil company
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 03:04:28 pm »
That's what America was built on.  Happy to see it is still going on!!  Cheers!!!
If Homebrew & BBQ aren't the answer, then you're askin' the wrong questions... Cheers!!!

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 03:25:20 pm »
I love hearing stuff like this....
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 03:34:20 pm »
"but I suggested he call a family owned oil company"

This is really what America is all about. Not the conglomerates but family owned. The "oil company" doesn't matter, just that's its a good deed by a company in America. May God bless, and do His will.

Tubercle.
Sweet Caroline where the Sun rises over the deep blue sea and sets somewhere beyond Tennessee