Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Raw beers??  (Read 853 times)

Offline Bomar

• 1st Kit
Raw beers??
« on: May 24, 2021, 09:06:06 pm »
Anybody have comments/experiences? I did one a month back......ala Lars Marius Garshol....great ferment but the beer was really gamey....clean hoppy but ....gamey? (too much raw grain notes) and big headache in the morning....fermented with Kviek.....pulled the tap....added Brett another month I will try it......Please let me know any ideas

Ie 90 minute mash, 180 sparge.....barrel and ferment......hops added into mash......fermented like a mofo btw,,,,the yeast loved it!

Offline Cliffs

• Brewmaster
Re: Raw beers??
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 10:49:35 am »
never cared for the character of raw beers, all of them had a pretty overwhelming doughy flavor that I found unpleasant.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2021, 11:02:14 am »
never cared for the character of raw beers, all of them had a pretty overwhelming doughy flavor that I found unpleasant.

Yep.  I think people like them more for the novelty than the flavor.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Bomar

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2021, 06:54:22 pm »
Ahhhh....thats the word I was looking for.....DOUGHY!! Egg-zackily!!!!! A little nauseating as well......hoping my little bretty friends will clean it up!!

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2021, 08:53:05 pm »
I made one in the keptini style. I really liked it but it did have a slightly doughy taste I didn't mind.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing