Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Extended aging questions  (Read 2415 times)

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
Re: Extended aging questions
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2021, 06:04:37 am »
I have a bottle of Sierra Nevada's, A Trip in the Woods, bourbon barrel aged, 12.1 ABV.
No idea on the date, been aged a few years before being released, and that was a few years ago.
Never had a barley wine, intended to have for thanksgiving, but that didn't happen, family drama's
prevented that. Waiting for cold winter months and a special occasion to have, not sure when,
in the meantime it's aging more.  Originally tried to snag their wine barrel aged one,
nowhere to be found.

I found three versions of Trip in the Woods a couple years ago.I enjoyed all three including the bourbon barrel aged one. Very nice!

Fire Rooster

Re: Extended aging questions
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2021, 07:15:03 am »
I have a bottle of Sierra Nevada's, A Trip in the Woods, bourbon barrel aged, 12.1 ABV.
No idea on the date, been aged a few years before being released, and that was a few years ago.
Never had a barley wine, intended to have for thanksgiving, but that didn't happen, family drama's
prevented that. Waiting for cold winter months and a special occasion to have, not sure when,
in the meantime it's aging more.  Originally tried to snag their wine barrel aged one,
nowhere to be found.

I found three versions of Trip in the Woods a couple years ago.I enjoyed all three including the bourbon barrel aged one. Very nice!

I'm late to the game for barleywine, I strongly desired the wine barrel aged one,
being a recovered wine snob and all.