Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: NHC Scoresheets?  (Read 1982 times)

Offline hmbrw4life

• Cellarman
Re: NHC Scoresheets?
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2021, 12:50:04 pm »
That's how it works in the real world.  We give our estimates and if we have an issue, we would immediately contact our customers to let them know.
Very much so. Get in front of the bad news (even as minor as a delay) and people are more understanding. Otherwise, things like this and other minor annoyances will make people think twice when it is time to renew their membership.

This x1000.

I had a little birdie tell me they had the results as soon as the 14th.

Unfortunately this is the straw that broke my camels back.

They can't send out scoresheets unto the results are announced at the conference.
Pesky rules.

Obviously..However that means you had how many days to draft the emails and make sure all way ready to go out "immediately" like they said?
Science functions when theory correctly predicts the results of experiments.
Six Sigma in a former life. Retired in the current life.

Online denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2021, 12:52:14 pm »
That's how it works in the real world.  We give our estimates and if we have an issue, we would immediately contact our customers to let them know.
Very much so. Get in front of the bad news (even as minor as a delay) and people are more understanding. Otherwise, things like this and other minor annoyances will make people think twice when it is time to renew their membership.

This x1000.

I had a little birdie tell me they had the results as soon as the 14th.

Unfortunately this is the straw that broke my camels back.

They can't send out scoresheets unto the results are announced at the conference.
Pesky rules.

Obviously..However that means you had how many days to draft the emails and make sure all way ready to go out "immediately" like they said?

Which is assuming they knew in advance there would be a problem
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline braufessor

• Brewer
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2021, 01:11:01 pm »
Mistakes happen. Things come up that are unexpected.  Most people get it.

That said,  taking a minute to send out an  e-mail or a simple post to facebook, etc.  would have been nice (and expected).  When people spend a lot of money, are already waiting a long time, and are told to expect something "immediately".... I can see where they are frustrated by A.) not delivering on the deadline..... and, much more - B.) lack of simple, easy communication as to it not happening.

Not the end of the world.  But, there was a REALLY easy way to head off the questions, concerns and frustrations.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 02:25:55 pm by braufessor »

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2021, 03:02:14 pm »
And just like that, my sheets appeared. The Dunkel advanced, no medal. The Rauchbier didn't advance. Sigh.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline chumley

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2021, 05:18:33 pm »
Congratulations to the NHC for pulling off a successful competition in these post(?) pandemic times!

When I was awarded a gold medal ten years ago, I was just happy to see the announcement online Monday morning at work. As seems to be the case with the current competition, everyone was notified.

I got the paper copies of my score sheets a week or two later. Sheesh. Today's society expects instant gratification with PDFs delivered immediately.

As an aside, my favorite comment to my gold medal winning gueuze: "I would drink the sh!t out of this beer."