Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: NHC Scoresheets?  (Read 2017 times)

Offline braufessor

• Brewer
NHC Scoresheets?
« on: June 21, 2021, 09:51:35 am »
Does anyone know what is up with the  scoresheets?   The AHA had indicated they would be e-mailed "immediately" at the conclusion of the awards ceremony.  Seems like no one has received them and  there has been no communication from the  AHA as to when to expect them. 
Thanks

Offline wes

• 1st Kit
Re: NHC Scoresheets?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2021, 10:00:04 am »
I would think entrants should at least get an email detailing what is going on. The original language on the competition page said the feedback would be emailed directly after the awards ceremony. Email distribution could have been planned and emails sent out automatically after the conclusion of the ceremony, as the judging was finished in early May.

Offline joe_meadmaker

• Brewer
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2021, 12:10:13 pm »
Same here, no info yet.  I am anxious to see the score and feedback from the judges.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2021, 02:31:24 pm »
John posted on Facebook that there was a problem and they'll go out before the end of the week.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline ravenwater

• Brewer
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2021, 03:03:03 pm »
John posted on Facebook that there was a problem and they'll go out before the end of the week.

And I did get me email from John today stating the same
Shawn Crawford  -  Rio Rancho, NM.  
 BJCP, Worthogs Homebrew Club of New Mexico

Life is good. Beer makes it gooder.

Offline hmbrw4life

• Cellarman
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2021, 08:43:38 am »
As a member I think it's poor form, to jack up the entrant price, and have this kind of thing happen. There was no live judging so that means it was all done prior, to delay sheets that had been completed pre-HBC is suspect. I'm sure the monies had no delay in being deposited, just saying  :D
Science functions when theory correctly predicts the results of experiments.
Six Sigma in a former life. Retired in the current life.

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2021, 09:36:22 am »
As a member I think it's poor form, to jack up the entrant price, and have this kind of thing happen. There was no live judging so that means it was all done prior, to delay sheets that had been completed pre-HBC is suspect. I'm sure the monies had no delay in being deposited, just saying  :D

Suspect? As in nefarious purposes?  That makes no sense.

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline hmbrw4life

• Cellarman
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2021, 10:13:39 am »

No, not nefarious. Just confusing, odd, and doesn't make sense.

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2021, 10:23:49 am »

So why woukd that make it suspect?  Maybe you should ask for an explanation?

www.dennybrew.com

Offline hmbrw4life

• Cellarman
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2021, 10:50:14 am »

Because of those things..

Maybe one should have been given sooner, and not with a very broad subject of "technology". For the biggest competition around(did I mention most expensive as well?), you think they would have all their ducks in a row as it where.

Offline EnkAMania

• Brewer
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2021, 11:02:06 am »

Because of those things..

Maybe one should have been given sooner, and not with a very broad subject of "technology". For the biggest competition around(did I mention most expensive as well?), you think they would have all their ducks in a row as it where.

That's how it works in the real world.  We give our estimates and if we have an issue, we would immediately contact our customers to let them know. 
Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny

Offline wes

• 1st Kit
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2021, 11:09:53 am »
That's how it works in the real world.  We give our estimates and if we have an issue, we would immediately contact our customers to let them know.
Very much so. Get in front of the bad news (even as minor as a delay) and people are more understanding. Otherwise, things like this and other minor annoyances will make people think twice when it is time to renew their membership.

Offline hmbrw4life

• Cellarman
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2021, 12:22:34 pm »
Very much so. Get in front of the bad news (even as minor as a delay) and people are more understanding. Otherwise, things like this and other minor annoyances will make people think twice when it is time to renew their membership.

This x1000.

I had a little birdie tell me they had the results as soon as the 14th.

Unfortunately this is the straw that broke my camels back.

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2021, 12:26:54 pm »

This x1000.

They can't send out scoresheets unto the results are announced at the conference.

www.dennybrew.com

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2021, 12:27:45 pm »

This x1000.

They can't send out scoresheets unto the results are announced at the conference.
Pesky rules.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!