Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: stuck CO2 regulator can be fixed?  (Read 2520 times)

Offline copachino

• Cellarman
stuck CO2 regulator can be fixed?
« on: June 30, 2021, 10:56:44 am »
hi all, i got some problems with my Co2 regulator its a Northernbrewer CO2PO regulator, but its no longer working properly, yesterday i kegged and tried to force carb, so i set the regulator to 20PSI, but some how the neddle never stop, it goes up and up and spinning like crazy even when the thank was shut down and i was purging the valve but the neddle sitll continues to go from zero to the upper limit if i tried to attach the keg the relief valve open so i decied to take it out from the Co2 tank, but im not so sure if this can be fixed or just buy a new better quality regulator

Offline goose

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: stuck CO2 regulator can be fixed?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2021, 11:20:17 am »
hi all, i got some problems with my Co2 regulator its a Northernbrewer CO2PO regulator, but its no longer working properly, yesterday i kegged and tried to force carb, so i set the regulator to 20PSI, but some how the neddle never stop, it goes up and up and spinning like crazy even when the thank was shut down and i was purging the valve but the neddle sitll continues to go from zero to the upper limit if i tried to attach the keg the relief valve open so i decied to take it out from the Co2 tank, but im not so sure if this can be fixed or just buy a new better quality regulator
Sounds like the gauge is faulty.  You might be able to obtain a low pressure replacement guage at a welding supply store.  Take the regulator with you and have them check it.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Goose Steingass
Wooster, OH
Society of Akron Area Zymurgists (SAAZ)
Wayne County Brew Club
Mansfield Brew Club
BJCP Certified

Offline copachino

• Cellarman
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 08:57:40 am »
i've found the gasket on the body to be in bad shape, the are like teflon ones, not the regular O ring, so i think this gasket will be hard to source, probably thats the main problem

Offline goose

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2021, 09:16:34 am »
i've found the gasket on the body to be in bad shape, the are like teflon ones, not the regular O ring, so i think this gasket will be hard to source, probably thats the main problem

If you have a welding supply store in the area, they will have them. Just to make sure, this is the gasket that goes between the neck of the regulator and the CO2 tank and does not look like a reguaal o-ring?  If you can't find one, let me know and I will get try to get one for you and send it to you.
Goose Steingass
Wooster, OH
Wayne County Brew Club
Mansfield Brew Club
BJCP Certified

Offline copachino

• Cellarman
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2021, 10:37:37 am »
hi, maybe i didnt ecplain myself to good in here,

its the gasket that goes in the diaphragm of the valve where the pressure knob control, its the only part i see damage, the gauge its working properly, unless the release pressure valve are fauty i believe this would be the problem.

https://imgur.com/a/Ls0Wccr

Offline goose

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2021, 01:02:27 pm »
Looks like you will probably need a new regulator.  I don't think they can repair the diaphram

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Goose Steingass
Wooster, OH
Wayne County Brew Club
Mansfield Brew Club
BJCP Certified

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2021, 01:26:48 pm »
I know with Tapright almost everything is replaceable. Not sure about your brand.

https://www.taprite.com/repair-parts-regulator-parts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline copachino

• Cellarman
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2021, 04:59:49 pm »
I know with Tapright almost everything is replaceable. Not sure about your brand.

https://www.taprite.com/repair-parts-regulator-parts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

its a Northern brewer CO2PO dual gauge manometer