Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Experimental Brewing 136 - Women in Beer  (Read 647 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Experimental Brewing 136 - Women in Beer
« on: August 14, 2021, 01:34:23 pm »
https://www.experimentalbrew.com/podcast/episode-136-women-beer

Since our last new non-QA episode of the show, things got interesting in the beer world. We talk to Melissa McCann of the Women's International Beer Summit (and the newly formed Women's Craft Fermentation Alliance). In the meanwhile we also talk about what to do about sexism. (Spoiler: the answer is simple - treat people like they're actually people with full rights, feelings and abilities)
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline BrewNerd

• Cellarman
Re: Experimental Brewing 136 - Women in Beer
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2021, 03:26:11 pm »
I enjoyed the show, thank you for the recommendation.

In the immortal words of Wil Wheaton, actor, author, and homebrewer: "Don't be a dick"

I think it's fantastic that Melissa is bringing more attention to female brewers. Considering the MASSIVE contributions women have made to brewing throughout history it's more than overdue.

Never went to Sunday school but always liked that "Golden Rule" idea of treating others the way you want to be treated. Why is that so hard for so many people to understand?

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Experimental Brewing 136 - Women in Beer
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2021, 05:48:16 am »
As an old guy, it is helpful to be reminded that I may need to keep my eyes open and my mouth shut on things
like gender bias that can creep in on my thinking  I tend to presume things without justification.  For example I visited a brewery in Nashville several years ago and was awestruck by a Brown Ale served there.  I inquired about the Brewer, asking if he was around - I was advised that she was not there at the moment.  It turned out the owners were also women.  My wife loved my sheepish apologies to the bartender….
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"