Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Oktoberfest  (Read 1068 times)

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Oktoberfest
« on: July 30, 2021, 06:04:31 pm »
The local military installation has an annual Oktoberfest. I was checking out the information for this year’s event and saw this photo:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
Re: Oktoberfest
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2021, 06:15:01 pm »
Ich kenne die Frau nicht, aber vielleicht der Typ.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline dmtaylor

• Lord Idiot the Lazy
    • YEAST MASTER Perma-Living
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2021, 07:22:54 pm »
Who dat?  Sorry, I really don't know.  I mean, how many of you even know what I look like?  A few but not all.
Dave

The world will become a much more pleasant place to live when each and every one of us realizes that we are all idiots.

Offline tommymorris

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2021, 07:39:15 pm »
Yep. She is cute!

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2021, 07:51:06 pm »
Hahahahaha! Yes, she is. I miss that gal. And yes, that's your's truly in the Liederhosen.

Offline tommymorris

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2021, 08:06:49 pm »
That picture really does make it look like a good Oktoberfest. I need some Festbier!

Offline Iliff Ave

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2021, 08:12:42 pm »
Uma Thurman? Yeah I miss her too…
On Tap/Bottled: IPL, Adjunct Vienna, Golden Stout, Honey Lager
Fermenting: IPA
Up Next: mexi lager, Germerican pale ale

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2021, 05:08:35 am »
That picture really does make it look like a good Oktoberfest. I need some Festbier!

That was taken at Yellowhammer though! They must have done a google search or something hellif I know.The Arsenal Oktoberfest is a ton of fun,gotta admit.

By the way, I had my two Great Danes haul that cask of festbier in a wagon from the brewers all the way through the taproom to the back where the separate party in the back. It was quite a spectacle.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 05:18:04 am by majorvices »

Offline dmtaylor

• Lord Idiot the Lazy
    • YEAST MASTER Perma-Living
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2021, 06:11:47 am »

That was taken at Yellowhammer though! They must have done a google search or something hellif I know.The Arsenal Oktoberfest is a ton of fun,gotta admit.

By the way, I had my two Great Danes haul that cask of festbier in a wagon from the brewers all the way through the taproom to the back where the separate party in the back. It was quite a spectacle.

Awesome!

Great to put a face to a name now too.  :)
Dave

The world will become a much more pleasant place to live when each and every one of us realizes that we are all idiots.

Offline tommymorris

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2021, 09:56:55 pm »

That’s awesome! My dogs need to learn to be useful :)

Offline beersk

• In the night!
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2021, 12:47:59 pm »
Definitely good to put a face to the name. I had a different mental depiction of you. I think maybe you had posted a picture once in one of those put-your-face-to-your-name threads...but I think it was 10 years ago.

I see that oktoberfest biers are starting to come out now already...way too soon. It's still summer! I don't start drinking them until at least Labor Day weekend.
Jesse

Offline Megary

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2021, 01:19:49 pm »
Definitely good to put a face to the name. I had a different mental depiction of you. I think maybe you had posted a picture once in one of those put-your-face-to-your-name threads...but I think it was 10 years ago.

I see that oktoberfest biers are starting to come out now already...way too soon. It's still summer! I don't start drinking them until at least Labor Day weekend.
I was at Weyerbacher about 2 weeks ago and they were bottling some of their Pumpkin Ale.  It was running down the line while we were there.  I asked the bartender if it was possible for me to perform a quality control on one of those bottles.  It was possible and it was delicious (and I don't care for pumpkin beers at all).  Not an O'fest, but a Fall beer nonetheless.