Author Topic: Best Freezer for Keezer  (Read 370 times)

Offline pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
Best Freezer for Keezer
« on: August 06, 2021, 12:23:18 am »
My keezer is kaput. It was a 5.5 ish cu ft magic chef. I want to get something better to make a new one. I am thinking around 7 cu ft. I assume I would go from 2 kegs to at least three. Does anyone have recommendations for brands and models? Do different brands around 7 cu ft have differences in number of corny  kegs they can fit?
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline HopDen

• Brewmaster
Re: Best Freezer for Keezer
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 10:44:38 am »
My keezer is kaput. It was a 5.5 ish cu ft magic chef. I want to get something better to make a new one. I am thinking around 7 cu ft. I assume I would go from 2 kegs to at least three. Does anyone have recommendations for brands and models? Do different brands around 7 cu ft have differences in number of corny  kegs they can fit?

I have a Frigidaire model# FFFC25M4TW I can't find where it states the size but a google search with the model number should help. It is big though, I can fit 12 corny kegs in with room to spare for harvested yeast. Also has a elevated shelf that makes room for non-beer related goods. It has worked as expected and is on year 5.

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2021, 11:58:24 am »
Thanks HopDen. That’s a 24 cu ft. Unfortunately I don’t have enough time for that amount of brewing, I am in the market for something that holds 3, ideally 4 or 5 kegs.

Offline tommymorris

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2021, 02:09:30 pm »
This thread at Homebrewtalk might help. The thread is still active but I don’t know how old the data in the table up front is. 

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/chest-freezer-specs-and-layouts.377518/

Offline tommymorris

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2021, 02:13:49 pm »
I saw some advice a long time ago to take cardboard cutouts that are the diameter of a keg. Put those in the bottom of a chest freezer on display. Use one cutout for each keg you want to put in a freezer.

You may need a measuring tape if you plan to put anything on the hump in the freezer (CO2 bottle, 2.5 gallon kegs, etc).

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2021, 10:40:35 am »
Thanks Tommy, I will give that link a look. I was hopin* to buy online so I probably won’t use the cardboard cutout trick.