Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Keezer project update  (Read 781 times)

Offline Joe_Beer

• Brewer
Keezer project update
« on: November 22, 2022, 04:22:31 am »
A while back I posted some questions about building a keezer. Finally finished it! Thought I'd share the project pics for your amusement. Thanks for all the input you guys/gals provided. It really saved some time and effort re-doing things. I love these Duotight flow control QDs even thought they didn't fit my posts well without some modification (in another post on the forum here). The full picture gallery with descriptions is here if you want the notes that go with each pic, but y'all probably know what you're looking at. Cheers!

Offline kramerog

• Brewmaster General
    • My LinkedIn page
Re: Keezer project update
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2023, 01:20:01 pm »
Anything you would do differently now?

Offline Joe_Beer

• Brewer
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2023, 02:49:56 pm »
Anything you would do differently now?

Not much. Overall I'm really liking this setup. I think the QDs need a design revision. They do limit flow nicely, but I had to modify the center valve pins to fit my keg posts (I think you found my post on that so I'll follow up there).

One other thing I would do differently is run more gas line along the collar so the front gas lines are in the front, and not over the tops of the kegs. Getting kegs in and out needs three hands, or two hands and a couple of those closepin glue clamps to hold lines out of the way.

Offline kramerog

• Brewmaster General
    • My LinkedIn page
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2023, 06:25:37 pm »
Joe, thanks for the 2 updates. I will make a point of running the lines along the exterior.

Offline Kevin

• Brewmaster
  • Great beer. Less work. More fun.
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2023, 12:27:48 pm »
Mine is laid out pretty much the same and the one thing I would change is to move the faucets to the hump side to make loading and unloading kegs easier without having to be as mindful of the shanks and lines.
“He was a wise man who invented beer.”
- Plato