Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Iron City Beer  (Read 1073 times)

Offline HopDen

• Senior Brewmaster
Iron City Beer
« on: August 20, 2021, 03:29:16 pm »
My oldest who lives in Pittsburg brought a 30 pack on a recent visit. So here I sit on a Friday night with empty kegs but hey, I got 30 Iron City Beers!! Honestly though, it doesn’t taste bad at all! Next time I hope she brings me some local craft beers though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
Re: Iron City Beer
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2021, 11:14:11 am »
I used to buy a case of IC for like, $6, in the early 90's. It was terrible! Even as a young 20 something kid I couldn't drink it. But I am strangely glad they are still around. 

Online denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2021, 12:14:39 pm »
My wife's grandfather used to work there.  He told her they each got 2 cases of beer a day.  Maybe apocryphal.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline HopDen

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2021, 03:22:37 pm »
I have 2 left and I am waiting to share with a special "friend"  ;) But seriously, not terrible!! LOL!

Offline tommymorris

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2021, 06:29:29 pm »
I have 2 left and I am waiting to share with a special "friend"  ;) But seriously, not terrible!! LOL!
It does say premium on the can.

Online fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2021, 08:07:56 pm »
My wife's grandfather used to work there.  He told her they each got 2 cases of beer a day.  Maybe apocryphal.

those "brewery employee gets X amount of beer free" stories are funny, i think there is some basis to them in fact, as my dad would regularly get cases of unusual labatt products from a labatts manager he knew. stuff like "john labatt's classic ale" and guinness and stuff.

the first beers i ever drank were those ones, as my dad doesnt drink beer. the first beer i was really into was very old guinness extra (5%) at warm summer garage temps, it will always have a special place in my heart.

Offline Wilbur

• Brewmaster
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2021, 08:19:57 am »
Someone in my homebrew club used to work at the PBR brewery in town, he mentioned you could get some beer every day if you wanted. Two cases a day sounds like a lot though.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2021, 10:56:19 am »
2 cases a day sounds right since you probably couldn't give that sh!t away back in the day.  ;)