Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: fak i need sleep  (Read 10276 times)

Offline Mikey

• Brewer
Re: fak i need sleep
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2010, 10:05:39 am »
That's looks like a Russian Trabant.

Offline nicneufeld

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2010, 02:11:58 pm »
Just finished reading "The Salmon of Doubt", which is if nothing else, a bit of a posthumous elegy to Adams.

The man was brilliant, one of the greatest writers, its a pity that his most famous subject matter (humorous scifi) was deemed a specialty of nerds and the like, and thus never gave him the broader audience that he could have had.  He just had a brilliantly funny mind, with an eye for observing the absurdities of our species, and an expert way of putting it all down in print.  I would class him with Wodehouse, or very nearly, in mastery of English for comic purposes.  Stephen Fry would get a nod there, too, but then it all gets to be very incestuous sounding, as both Fry and Adams are very big Wodehouse fans and fans of each others work I believe.  And Cambridge footlights alumni I believe.

OK, OK, to get back to the subject...anyone notice in The Lion King, how the "villain" is the one who, upon taking over the lion kingdom, works to bring in the hyenas into their society as equals?  And then Simba returns to cast him down from power, and assumedly reinstitute apartheid?   :o

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2010, 03:13:42 pm »
I just lost The Game again.
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”