Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: blantons  (Read 1452 times)

Offline loopy

• Brewer
blantons
« on: September 14, 2010, 04:25:41 pm »
Anyone every tried this bourbon?  quite frankly I think I have fallen in love.

Before I was a basil hayden as my go to smooth bourbon, with woodford reserve up there.  for bourbons with bite, I like the knob creek and bulleit.  Of course you can't go too wrong with jim beam and makers mark for the price. 

But this Blantons, it's probably the best bourbon I have ever had.  Anyone else try it or like it? 

Offline SwashBuckling Drunk

• Assistant Brewer
  • Boring, Oregon
Re: blantons
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 05:07:54 pm »
Oh man- I am sooooo with you on this one.  Great stuff.  I always have a bottle around.  I've brought it up in "Bourbon" threads, but it never gets acknowledged.  Elijah Craig has a similar bourbon that's significantly cheaper.  I know its a single barrel, but I can't remember how long they age it.

Anyway, Blanton's is awesome.

Offline The Professor

• Brewmaster
  • "In the next life, you're on your own"
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 05:37:06 pm »
I've tried it only recently and I heartily concur...that sure is some mighty nice bourbon.  Great balance and really smooth drinking (especially since I don't like my whiskey on ice).

I vote 'yes'.
 ;D
AL
New Brunswick, NJ
[499.6, 101.2] Apparent Rennerian
Homebrewer since July 1971

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 08:19:49 pm »
  Of course you can't go too wrong with jim beam and makers mark for the price. 

I've never tried it, but will keep my eyes out for it. As far as under 20$ a bottle, I'll drink Elijah Craig anytime. Best bang for your buck if you ask me.
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline nicneufeld

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 07:14:04 am »
I'd like to try it, maybe someday I'll get a chance, but shelling out the $50 for something that isn't either really old calvados or an excellent single malt is somewhat unlikely for me.  As for bourbons, I'm more than happy with a $15 bottle of W.L. Weller, which to me is one of the better ones just north of the bottom shelf.

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 10:00:38 am »
I can't see the word "Blantons" without reading "Pantaloons"  ;D
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline SwashBuckling Drunk

• Assistant Brewer
  • Boring, Oregon
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 11:04:58 am »
I'd like to try it, maybe someday I'll get a chance, but shelling out the $50 for something that isn't either really old calvados or an excellent single malt is somewhat unlikely for me.  As for bourbons, I'm more than happy with a $15 bottle of W.L. Weller, which to me is one of the better ones just north of the bottom shelf.

C'mon Nick.  You're comparing apples to oranges.  Oh wait, thats apple brandy to corn whiskey. And I thought you were a renaissance man.