Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What kind of gear do you use to keep your brewing equipment clean and sanitary?  (Read 2081 times)

Offline hgeyer

• 1st Kit
Hello all-

Been home brewing for a long time. I just completed an upgrade to my brewhaus that I’ve wanted to do for years. 

Included some before and after photos. Like the cat box next to the sink in the before photo?

Prost!!!

Hans
Wilmette, IL

Before:

After:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 01:12:19 pm by hgeyer »

Offline neuse

• Brewer
  • New Bern, NC
Nice looking upgrade.

Offline fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster
so i got some alkaline brewers wash.

1lb for 6.95 marked down from 12 luckily. it seems to work very well, odour is not strong or highly unpleasant, it mixes into cold water readily but it remains clear, so it was weird. i let my carboys sit for ~20 mins and it removed a fair amount of crud that the chlorine-based(?) cleaner i had before didn't.

if i really gave it an overnight sit im sure it could get 99% of all the stuff.

it also worked very well on my stainless brewkettle

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
so i got some alkaline brewers wash.

1lb for 6.95 marked down from 12 luckily. it seems to work very well, odour is not strong or highly unpleasant, it mixes into cold water readily but it remains clear, so it was weird. i let my carboys sit for ~20 mins and it removed a fair amount of crud that the chlorine-based(?) cleaner i had before didn't.

if i really gave it an overnight sit im sure it could get 99% of all the stuff.

it also worked very well on my stainless brewkettle

I love the stuff.  More homebrewers need to be aware of it.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell