Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Co2 into my fridge  (Read 794 times)

Offline soymateofeo

• Assistant Brewer
  • El Mas Chingon
Co2 into my fridge
« on: August 29, 2021, 06:11:57 pm »
I want drill a whole in the side of my fridge to run a co2 line.  There are no coils in the back.  Is there anything in the side wall of the fridge I need to worry about or is everything under the newer fridges?
Thanks

Offline goose

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Co2 into my fridge
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 08:27:45 am »
I would check with the manufacturer before drilling any holes in the side of the fridge. You probably might be OK but double checking will prevent ruining the fridge.
Goose Steingass
Wooster, OH
Society of Akron Area Zymurgists (SAAZ)
Wayne County Brew Club
Mansfield Brew Club
BJCP Certified

Offline Visor

• Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2021, 09:43:13 am »
   The condenser coils are probably under the fridge, if there is a grille on the bottom front pull it off and to verify the coil is there. In the 9 years I owned and ran an appliance store, I never saw a hot wall fridge- never even heard of it, AFIK that's just a chest freezer thing. It would be interesting and possibly amusing though to find out how the manufacturer would respond to such a query.
I spent most of my money on beer, tools and guns, the rest I foolishly squandered on stupid stuff!

Offline scrap iron

• Assistant Brewer
  • K.C.
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2021, 02:49:32 pm »
You might check for a diagram on the back. Sometimes there is a drawing of how lines are run, I have fridge like that. Another thought is this a frost free fridge that might have lines going up to the freezer? I have an old GE fridge with the condenser rack going up the back, not frost free. I drilled a small hole in the side to run a line to a gas manifold with the tank outside.
Mike F.                                                                              “I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer.”

Abraham Lincoln