Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Free to a good home  (Read 841 times)

Offline Saccharomyces

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Deus ex machina
Free to a good home
« on: September 06, 2021, 08:09:56 am »
I have a 6.6-gallon Delta Brewing Systems (DBS) kettle that is free to anyone who is willing to pick it up.   It is the first kettle that DBS shipped to me.  The kettle incurred a couple of minor blemishes in transit that do not affect its operation (most used kettles have more blemishes).  DBS shipped a replacement kettle, but never asked for the old one back even though I asked for a return ticket.  I only received the bare kettle the second time around, but I have replaced the pickup tube with a modified Spike Shorty removable pickup tube and the thermometer with a one with a shorter probe  on my kettle, so I will include the DBS suppliedthermometer and pickup tube with the kettle.  All you will need is a ball valve to make it a functional kettle.  The kettle is small enough to use on a gas kitchen range and my 3500W portable induction range is complete overkill (a 120V 1800W portable induction range will bring 3.5 to 4.5 gallons of wort to a boil in a conditioned space).  It was free to me, so I am making it free to someone else.  I live in Central Maryland, so this offer should be doable for anyone in the Baltimore, Maryland/Washington, D.C. metro area.