Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: renewing online  (Read 2489 times)

Offline ken

• 1st Kit
renewing online
« on: September 28, 2010, 06:24:07 pm »
I tried renewing online with the email that notified me that my membership was about to expire.
My beef is, I just want to renew. I don't want to create an account or create a new password. I most likely will never shop in your store and if I do I prefer to do it on my terms. 1 transaction. How about just providing a link without any other crap.

Maybe I should just reconsider renewing.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: renewing online
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 09:37:02 am »
Ken, not to treat your situation lightly, but this isn't a forum question.  You should contact kathryn@brewersassociation.org.  It seems to me that if you're able to post here, you already have an account and password, but I could very well be wrong about that.

EDIT:  OK, I was wrong.  I just renewed my membership and you need to use a different password for the store.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 11:37:02 am by denny »
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline ken

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 04:39:18 pm »
sorry Denny, I saw that there was another question about renewing online answered by garyg so I thought that this might be the right place to post.

Perhaps a section in the forum for members to touch base with the AHA people would be useful. (maybe there is and I missed it too  :-[)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 09:45:43 am »
sorry Denny, I saw that there was another question about renewing online answered by garyg so I thought that this might be the right place to post.

Perhaps a section in the forum for members to touch base with the AHA people would be useful. (maybe there is and I missed it too  :-[)

Gary might have noticed it, Ken, but you also might have a wait until he found time to check in.  Going to the main website and getting contact info there might be your best bet, but try Kathryn's email that I posted.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Gary Glass

• Brewer
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 02:21:38 pm »
Hi Ken,

I checked with our web department on this. The login is a security feature of the online store that cannot be disabled for any particular type of transaction. We are working towards incorporating a single sign on for membership renewal and access to the website, but there are several steps that must take place before that can happen.  The single sign-on won't happen until sometime next year at the earliest.

If you prefer not to create a login for the online store, you can always renew by calling our toll free number 888-822-6273 (888 U CAN BREw) 8AM-5PM Mountain time.

Thanks for your membership!
Gary Glass
Longmont, Colorado