Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: South Rhode Island Homebrew Club  (Read 1365 times)

Offline ivndrago

• 1st Kit
South Rhode Island Homebrew Club
« on: September 15, 2021, 08:52:57 am »
Looking for a more local club to join.  Im currently in Charlestown and the nearest one appears to be up in Providence.
If none are available, how hard would it be to start one? Is there a documented process to help with setting one up?

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
Re: South Rhode Island Homebrew Club
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 12:46:37 pm »
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline joeinma

• Cellarman
Re: South Rhode Island Homebrew Club
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 08:43:06 am »
Lots of clubs around you between CT and RI, but definitely none close.  RIBS in Providence is a great club.  But looks like the closest club to you, if you look at the link of clubs is Boffin Brewing in Waterford CT...but some of these clubs can literally be 2 guys brewing together. 

As for starting a club, the AHA is a great resource for info.  https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/homebrew-community-culture/starting-homebrew-club-scratch/   One key is if you have a homebrew shop in your area that will let you post flyers to try to get members, and maybe even let you host meetings there. 

My club in Mass, the Mash Holes, started in 2014 because a guy that worked at the local homebrew club could not get into the bigger club in our area, South Shore, because they have so many members they are not taking new members...so he posted a flyer at the shop and next thing you know, we had a club, a name, a club charter, 30+ members and within a year were running a homebrew festival for charity.   Before that, my old club was just 5 guys that got together for brew days once a month.