Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Rant! Glad Fold lock sandwich baggies  (Read 6104 times)

narvin

Re: Rant! Glad Fold lock sandwich baggies
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2010, 02:59:11 pm »
You just have to get with the times. Disposables are out.

Grrrr and with that so are my FREE choices...btw, baggies would degrade better in the landfill than that stuff
If demand is low, why would the company keep making them?  Your baggies may degrade faster, but I keep 6 or 10 bags a day out of the landfill by putting my kids lunches and snacks in these containers.  Oh, and they're recyclable, so hopefully not many end up in the landfill anyway.  ;)

And you run your dishwasher / hot water a lot more cleaning them :)

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2010, 03:21:05 pm »
You just have to get with the times. Disposables are out.

Grrrr and with that so are my FREE choices...btw, baggies would degrade better in the landfill than that stuff
If demand is low, why would the company keep making them?  Your baggies may degrade faster, but I keep 6 or 10 bags a day out of the landfill by putting my kids lunches and snacks in these containers.  Oh, and they're recyclable, so hopefully not many end up in the landfill anyway.  ;)

And you run your dishwasher / hot water a lot more cleaning them :)
And someone throwing away the bags would go to the store more often to get new bags that have to be shipped to the store.  I'm not doing the math, but I'm pretty sure which way it would come out.  ;)
Tom Schmidlin

Offline 1vertical

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Ozone Layer. Actual location
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2010, 10:28:22 pm »
This made me laugh. You never really had a choice. Companies cancel products all the time. If there is sufficient demand, some other firm will step up to satisfy it, capitalism, free market, etc.
that is for real a truism!
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.