Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: *cringe* ... Pumpkin Spice Advice  (Read 2137 times)

Fire Rooster

Re: *cringe* ... Pumpkin Spice Advice
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2021, 06:15:31 am »
https://www.olivenation.com/search-results?search_query=pumpkin

I'm not a pumpkin beer fan.
Just a thought, I can't vouch for or against the link above.

I've used some Olive Nation stuff before. Also Amoretti. I will probably go that route. I was just thinking if someone had a tried and true extract or powder that uses such and such amount for 5 gallons ... I'm lazy!

https://www.olivenation.com/pumpkin-pie-natural-flavor-organic-compliant.html

one review
"Outstanding! I am a home brewer a friend recommended this pumpkin flavor to me and I was a bit skeptical at first. After smelling and tasting it in my craft beer I can say without any reservations that this stuff is great for brewing. Try a few drops in a glass of nondescript beer I bet youll be impressed. Aroma and flavor are great! I do not bottle only keg my beer but in kegs I use a couple oz in 5 gal. (only a starting point for you)"

Online pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2021, 07:37:54 am »
I don’t like pumpkin spice beer generally but every year I have a couple at the brewery in town, Stone Cow, it’s actually quite good. They use a brown ale and add a ton of roasted pumpkin they grow on the farm and use a moderate amount of spices.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline goose

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2021, 08:22:48 am »
  Human beings, especially Americans, friggin overdo spices every damn time.

Damn straight!  Every pumpkin beer I have had except for one which was homebrewed by a member of one of the brew clubs I belong to, who unfortunately passed in the last year, were way too damn spicy.  His was had best pumpkin beer I ever tasted and luckily he had given me the recipe.  Less spice is always better!
Goose Steingass
Wooster, OH
Society of Akron Area Zymurgists (SAAZ)
Wayne County Brew Club
Mansfield Brew Club
BJCP Certified

Offline Megary

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2021, 11:36:00 am »
This July, I was at Weyerbacher and had their Imperial Pumpkin Ale as it was coming down the bottling line and getting boxed up.  After a little bribery, the bartender appropriated one off the line for my drinking pleasure.  Pretty solid, for a style that isn't my cup of tea.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2021, 12:38:44 pm »
Um, is this the 10 step program where we start by admitting we like pumpkin beer?

Hi, my name is Tommy and I like pumpkin beer.

PS. I don’t brew it, but I buy a six pack every year and enjoy it. A few years ago a local bar had pumpkin beer on special in like January. I went back another day for more ;)

It decidedly is NOT. And I'm a little ashamed of you Tommy.  :P

Offline tommymorris

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2021, 04:51:58 pm »
Just finished a Whole Hog Pumpkin Ale from Stevens Point, WI.  My first pumpkin beer of the season. Not bad!