Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Starter Question  (Read 707 times)

Offline KellerBrauer

• Brewmaster
  • Bottoms Up!
Starter Question
« on: October 02, 2021, 06:21:36 am »
Greetings all.  I made a starter yesterday to be used today in a Pale Ale today.  The problem is, I’m suddenly unable to brew today.  This has never happened to me and I’m not sure what to do with the starter.  I plan on brewing tomorrow.  So should I put the starter in the fridge or should I leave it on the stir plate?
Joliet, IL

All good things come to those who show patients and perseverance while maintaining a positive and progressive attitude. 😉

Online denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Starter Question
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2021, 08:19:52 am »
Get it off the stir plate and ino the fridge.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline RC

• Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2021, 10:04:05 am »
If you are planning to pitch the whole starter, just leave it at whatever temp it's at, no refrigeration needed. But you'll need to refrigerate if you are going to decant, which you might want to do if you used a stir plate.

Offline KellerBrauer

• Brewmaster
  • Bottoms Up!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2021, 10:50:52 am »
Thanks a lot for your input. As it turns out, I am able to manage a brew day today so all is good!

Thanks again and have a great day!
Joliet, IL

All good things come to those who show patients and perseverance while maintaining a positive and progressive attitude. 😉