Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: co2 price inflation  (Read 1007 times)

Offline scrap iron

• Assistant Brewer
  • K.C.
co2 price inflation
« on: October 03, 2021, 07:42:51 am »
I recently had to exchange a five pound bottle that was due for recertification.  I had been getting it refilled for about $14 a pop at a local place.
So I took it to a local Air-Gas supplier for exchange for a newer bottle. The cost was $29. The dealer said co2 costs went up four times during the past year. My advice if you are close to needing co2 or a newer bottle get it now before costs go up even more.
       Prost, Mike
Mike F.                                                                              “I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer.”

Abraham Lincoln

Offline Bob357

• Brewmaster
  • Consensus means nothing to me. I am who I am.
Re: co2 price inflation
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 08:43:49 am »
If you have a local homebrew shop, check with them. The one nearest me refills #5 cylinders for $12.99.
Beer is my bucket list,

Bob357
Fallon, NV

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2021, 08:55:58 am »
My supplier is charging the same price. No increase.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Megary

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2021, 02:38:40 pm »
I just paid $14 1 week ago in PA.

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2021, 06:50:47 pm »
Prices are regional.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline scrap iron

• Assistant Brewer
  • K.C.
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2021, 08:17:00 am »
I kind of wondering if the Guy was feeding me a line. I will have it refilled at my regular place when the time comes and see the if price they charge went up. Like I said I had a bottle that was past the date for recertification. I know Air-Gas is higher priced but needed the new bottle.
Mike F.                                                                              “I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer.”

Abraham Lincoln

Offline Wilbur

• Brewmaster
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2021, 09:00:48 am »
I did a tank swap at Airgas earlier in May/June and it was the same price as always ($21). As far as I remember CO2 has been "short" for the last two years.

Offline Joe_Beer

• Brewer
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2021, 09:50:18 am »
5# refill in April was $21. Last week was $29. Maybe time to start fermenting sugar water and saving the gas (for keg purging anyway) :o

Granted, $5/month isn't a lot to complain about, but seems like everything is going up lately. all adds up.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 09:52:35 am by Joe_Beer »