Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Huntsville  (Read 8356 times)

Offline Drewch

• Brewmaster
  • Just this guy, you know?
Re: Huntsville
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2021, 09:25:10 pm »
We are transforming the Downtown Rocket Republic ... there will be a restaurant (run by the Church Street Wine Group) and we will be featuring some very exclusive beers. This will happen around the first of '22. I'm really excited about it and hope y'all will come check it out when it is finished.

Are you still tracking to finish the revamp after the first? My old co-worker just built a house up there near Big Cove / Owens Crossroads ... I'll have to tell him to go check it out.
The Other Drew

Home fermentations since 2019.

Member at large of the Central Alabama Brewers Society and the League of Drews.

Offline Ron756

• Assistant Brewer
  • Submarines once, Submarines Twice....
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2021, 12:37:22 pm »
I suspect you won't have the new downtown Rocket Republic done when we are down, so will look for it on our next trip.

It's open though, we just won't have the beer engine or the side poor taps. The beer is good now and the lines are cleaned bi-weekly so you can get a good pint there. There's also the Madison location where the brewery is actually located. Stop out and I'll give you a brewery tour a d a beer sample.

Excellent.  Looking forward to it.  Always like to try new beer and new places.

We are headed into town today Merry Christmas.
We will be here for the week. If you are going to be in on Wednesday or Thursday we would love to come by. Would you mind if I bring my kids (26 and 23 - so adults for the most part)? 
Ron

Offline Ron756

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2022, 08:53:27 pm »
Enjoyed our trip to Huntsville.  Shout out to majorvices for the welcome at Rocket Republic and the great beer selections. 

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2022, 10:16:43 am »
It was great to meet you, ron!

Offline tommymorris

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Huntsville
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2022, 06:22:03 pm »
[mention]majorvices [/mention] There was a nice Rocket Republic booth at the Mountain Mist Trail Race today. I had a hazy IPA that I assume you brewed.  I liked it. Thanks. Y’all should do that at more races. I was volunteering (not running due to my broken arm). I overheard lots of people saying there’s a good IPA inside.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2022, 12:58:19 pm »
[mention]majorvices [/mention] There was a nice Rocket Republic booth at the Mountain Mist Trail Race today. I had a hazy IPA that I assume you brewed.  I liked it. Thanks. Y’all should do that at more races. I was volunteering (not running due to my broken arm). I overheard lots of people saying there’s a good IPA inside.

Nope. Believe it or not that was brewed this summer (though I did help brew it that is the recipe of the previous brewer.) I'm actually shocked it is still good. The beers there were all brewed before I became head brewer. I know it is a long ass drive but I have a bunch of new beers in Madison now. Some pretty good ones too.

we will be opening the DT again hopefully in March

Offline Ron756

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2022, 06:15:45 pm »
Been off-line for a while.  I ended up taking several beers away with me when we left RR.  Basically my kids each took home a growler of their favorites and I took home a crowler of the Ground Control.  My wife and I enjoyed it this weekend with some steaks and brie cheese I smoked. 

Also, picked up a copy of North Alabama Beer by Belanger and Davis while we were down in Huntsville.  Keith you are mentioned on pages 80-81.