Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What apparatus are you using to bottle from your kegerator?  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Joe_Beer

• Brewer
What apparatus are you using to bottle from your kegerator?
« on: November 15, 2021, 10:13:47 am »
What are y'all using to periodically fill a couple swing top bottles from your kegerator? I bought a growler filler tube for my tap but it doesn't work so great for bottles. The counter pressure fillers I see online would be nice if I were filling 50 bottles at once, but kind of a pain to take apart and clean for just a few bottles. I'm looking for a gizmo that is a little simpler. This guys has a need idea based on the counter pressure filler that I might try: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IgVx3h5llA

Wondering what anyone else has found to work well.

Offline allenhuerta

• Brewer
Re: What apparatus are you using to bottle from your kegerator?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2021, 10:21:27 am »
I have a beer gun but really want to buy the Tapcooler.. I should see if anyone wants to buy my beer gun

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Offline Bob357

• Brewmaster
  • Consensus means nothing to me. I am who I am.
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2021, 10:43:22 am »
I just use an adapter that fits into the spout and enough silicone tubing to reach the bottom of the bottles. Turn the pressure dwn to 3 or 4 psi, draw a pint to chill the faucet down and fill chilled bottles. I seldom bottle more than 2 or 3 12 ouncers or 1 bomber at a time and this works well.
Beer is my bucket list,

Bob357
Fallon, NV

Offline Joe_Beer

• Brewer
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2021, 06:46:05 pm »
Thanks guys. I'll have to try chilling things down and reducing pressure on the growler filler. Maybe I'll have better luck with it.

Offline kramerog

• Brewmaster General
    • My LinkedIn page
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2021, 09:39:18 pm »
Piece of cane fitting into a picnic tap and through a bung that fits into mouth of bottle. I think some people call it a bier muncher.  It works well enough for me to bottle IPAs and consume within a few days once I got the hang of it particularly when I use a soda bottle and a carbonator. One person I know does this for competition and he was Midwest Homebrewer of the Year.

Offline tommymorris

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2021, 01:06:16 am »
The hack in the video looks good. I think I will try that next time.

I use flow control taps and a growler filler. I spill more beer than I prefer and I only get descent bottle fills 60-70% of the time. The other 30-40% are too foamy and the beer ends up filling only to the shoulder of the bottle after the foam dissipates (after capping of course).

Offline Joe_Beer

• Brewer
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2021, 04:08:20 am »
Just wanted to follow up on this for the curious. It works well with my Intertap faucet. I tried it with a regular old run-o-the-mill Kegco faucet and it just made a mess due to a small pinhole on the underside of the spout. When pressure would build, it would squirt beer all over. With the Intertap, I turn the pressure down to about 3psi, as Bob357 said, and this thing works wonderfully.  My keg of wry smile (amazing beer!) is in the kegerator with a picnic tap on it and the growler fitting actually fits in the picnic tap too so I was able to bottle one of those as well. Cleanup couldn't be easier too which is nice.

Offline Kevin

• Brewmaster
  • Great beer. Less work. More fun.
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2021, 09:06:27 am »
I just use an adapter that fits into the spout and enough silicone tubing to reach the bottom of the bottles. Turn the pressure dwn to 3 or 4 psi, draw a pint to chill the faucet down and fill chilled bottles. I seldom bottle more than 2 or 3 12 ouncers or 1 bomber at a time and this works well.

^^^ This is why the forum needs a like button for posts.
“He was a wise man who invented beer.”
- Plato

Offline ttash

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2021, 09:44:46 am »
Just wanted to follow up on this for the curious. It works well with my Intertap faucet. I tried it with a regular old run-o-the-mill Kegco faucet and it just made a mess due to a small pinhole on the underside of the spout. When pressure would build, it would squirt beer all over. With the Intertap, I turn the pressure down to about 3psi, as Bob357 said, and this thing works wonderfully.  My keg of wry smile (amazing beer!) is in the kegerator with a picnic tap on it and the growler fitting actually fits in the picnic tap too so I was able to bottle one of those as well. Cleanup couldn't be easier too which is nice.

I really like the simplicity of this setup. Where did you get the fitting that goes into the faucet? I have Intertap faucets as well.

Offline Joe_Beer

• Brewer
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2021, 06:22:28 am »
I really like the simplicity of this setup. Where did you get the fitting that goes into the faucet? I have Intertap faucets as well.

I'm using the Intertap growler fitting here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079Y9JLZN
The Intertap faucet that fits this is here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08KFSNDGP

Offline ttash

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2021, 01:13:49 pm »
Thanks!