Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Ringwood 1187  (Read 869 times)

Offline Descardeci

• Assistant Brewer
Ringwood 1187
« on: December 07, 2021, 06:53:08 am »
Hey folks, hope you all doing well those day.
I'm making the recipe for some british origin ales, gonna make 5 recipes, already have 4 but one I want to use the ringwood, I used on a american amber ale, it was good, not great, but I think was the hops combinations. Now I want to use this yeast in a pale mild or dark mild, I wanted to be funny and make a australian sparkling ale with pride of ringwood hops and this yeast and called the "ringwood of here", but I think it not gonna worth XD.
Any suggestion?

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
Re: Ringwood 1187
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2021, 11:08:48 am »
My only recommendation is to get some popcorn, because you're about to brew up a whole lot of butter. Ringwood is a notorious diacetyl producer. I know there are ways to handle the yeast to mitigate the diacetyl, but I don't have experience with that. I avoid that strain like the plague, since so many breweries that use it put out butter-bombs that are undrinkable to me.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline Descardeci

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2021, 03:01:22 pm »
My only recommendation is to get some popcorn, because you're about to brew up a whole lot of butter. Ringwood is a notorious diacetyl producer. I know there are ways to handle the yeast to mitigate the diacetyl, but I don't have experience with that. I avoid that strain like the plague, since so many breweries that use it put out butter-bombs that are undrinkable to me.

Already have this on mind, the american amber ale didn't have any diacetyl actually, so I don't think this gonna be a problem

Offline stpug

• Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2021, 05:18:44 pm »
One of my best British style bitters was with Ringwood.  I've used Ringwood a lot and never a diacetyl issue.  It's a top cropper so watch your blowoff.

Here's what I did:
Gambrinus ESB Malt 85%
Wheat Malt 5%
Homemade Invert #2 10%
Fuggles 60min 26 IBU
Golding 15min 7 IBU
Golding 2min 1.5 IBU
Ringwood

Offline Descardeci

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2021, 05:51:15 am »
One of my best British style bitters was with Ringwood.  I've used Ringwood a lot and never a diacetyl issue.  It's a top cropper so watch your blowoff.

Here's what I did:
Gambrinus ESB Malt 85%
Wheat Malt 5%
Homemade Invert #2 10%
Fuggles 60min 26 IBU
Golding 15min 7 IBU
Golding 2min 1.5 IBU
Ringwood

My best bitter gonna be with west yorkshire, one the best yeast I used, but I'm think a mild or pale mild now with ringwood