Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Scottish/Scotch yeast  (Read 2424 times)

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Scottish/Scotch yeast
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2021, 08:53:21 am »
US-05!

Never, not for anything!  Unless you like peaches.
Peach wheat beer?
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline Visor

• Brewmaster
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2021, 10:24:18 am »
  Never noticed even a hint of peach - or any other fruitlike flavors in the 100 plus beers I brewed with 05, and after numerous batches split between Bry-97 and 05 I have found no reason to even consider switching.
I spent most of my money on beer, tools and guns, the rest I foolishly squandered on stupid stuff!

Offline BeerfanOz

• Cellarman
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2021, 12:27:30 pm »
Early 2000’s I used almost exclusively 05. Never peach just great beers. Got into liquid yeast for the next decade or more. Recently tried it again, bam, peach peach peach. Strange, but there are so many other good strains now it doesn’t matter. I find hops disappear with BRY-97.
Shellharbour, NSW, Australia

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2021, 12:54:43 pm »
Early 2000’s I used almost exclusively 05. Never peach just great beers. Got into liquid yeast for the next decade or more. Recently tried it again, bam, peach peach peach. Strange, but there are so many other good strains now it doesn’t matter. I find hops disappear with BRY-97.

Really?  I've made a lot of IPAs that would disagree with that.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell