Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Best place to buy kegs these days  (Read 4241 times)

Offline rjharper

• Brewmaster
    • Angry Scotsman Brewing
Best place to buy kegs these days
« on: October 03, 2010, 12:52:44 pm »
OK so I've got 6 ball lock kegs and I need more.  Wheres the best place to get them these days?  Anyone recommend a good source with good prices?  In the past I've got them from learntobrew.com since he's one of my LHBS but he's really jacked up the prices recently so I'm reluctant to back unless that's still the best option.  So, where now?

Offline roguejim

• Brewer
Re: Best place to buy kegs these days
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 07:59:36 pm »
http://www.rcbequip.com/index2.ivnu

You'll have to call for a price, it looks like.  Not sure why...They have always been the best.

Offline mr_jeffers

• Cellarman
  • Saco, ME
Jeff Brown
Southern Maine Homebrewers

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 10:24:44 pm »
I think used ones of good quality are becoming scarce. Soon they will be very expensive. Glad I already have 16...
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline IHBHS

• Assistant Brewer
    • Ice Harbor Brewing Co.
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 01:22:54 am »
I have them for 40.00 a piece right now, but with the supply of used Cornies dwindling as more and more home brewers moving to kegging, prices are gonna go up again shortly.  I might have to start converting pin locks over just to keep them affordable.
Ice Harbor Brewing Co.
www.iceharbor.com

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 03:12:48 pm »
OK so I've got 6 ball lock kegs and I need more.  Wheres the best place to get them these days?  Anyone recommend a good source with good prices?  In the past I've got them from learntobrew.com since he's one of my LHBS but he's really jacked up the prices recently so I'm reluctant to back unless that's still the best option.  So, where now?

Well, if you are close to Seattle, Tom Schmidlin has some for sale for $25 each.  He posts on the board quite a bit, so he should be easy to find.  (I just picked up 8 from him)

Offline jeffy

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Tampa, Fl
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 05:56:28 am »
I have them for 40.00 a piece right now, but with the supply of used Cornies dwindling as more and more home brewers moving to kegging, prices are gonna go up again shortly.  I might have to start converting pin locks over just to keep them affordable.
What's wrong with pin locks?  I've got several of each kind of keg, but find the pin lock ones much easier to use.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995