Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: overcarbonated draught beer at the bar  (Read 3102 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: overcarbonated draught beer at the bar
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2021, 08:42:54 am »
Any gas operated tools?

Seems a bit odd to open the trunk or let down the tailgate, hand the attendant the gas can, and then they take it to fill it up.

Yes, and that's exactly what I do.  May seem weird to you, but it's normal for me.  And I don't have to get gas all over my hands.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2021, 09:52:58 am »
One word reason for visiting NJ - work.

What's interesting is both NJ and Oregon tend to have lower gas prices than some neighboring states. I

When I lived in Northern California I always went to Southern Oregon to get gas as the price was anywhere from 75-90 cents cheaper per gallon. Once I was below a half tank the trip was worth the effort.
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2022, 11:06:25 am »
thought this might fit in this thread because i believe there was some discussion on "the art(  ::) ) of proper guinness pouring"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8EOXDI2ULQ

maybe this is known by others but was news to me, but apparently it may have its origins in a pouring style of 1. from a highly carbonated line and 2. from a "porter" line after letting the first one's strong foam settle.